Rider From Netherlands Arrested For Reckless Driving, Disobeying Police

webfact

18 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have never heard of anyone being charged with reckless driving in Thailand. This must be a first. I see it every day on the highways, and NOBODY ever gets pulled over. Ever. So, he must have pissed someone off, for the cops to actually do their jobs. Also, fleeing from a police officer or the scene of a crime does not appear to be against the law here. 

He disobeyed the officers instructions (pay up at the roadside, "under my clipboard if you please')

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, neeray said:

I think he needs an x-ray to check if he might have rocks in his head. Not the smartest behaviour in a foreign country.

They think that because they can do what they like in Europe without consequences, they can do it everywhere else.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

He disobeyed the officers instructions (pay up at the roadside, "under my clipboard if you please')

Uninformed comment.

46 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

but most likely, if you don't pay up you get taken to the station.

No, not here mate. Therefor 'uninformed'. You can pay at the roadside and will receive a ticket. Nothing at all like 'under my clipboard'

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, stevenl said:

No, not here mate. Therefor 'uninformed'. You can pay at the roadside and will receive a ticket. Nothing at all like 'under my clipboard'

Which country do you live in? I've paid 300 baht under the clip board even while the road block was being checked by the boss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Any tourist shou

d remember where they are, in a foreign country. Keep yourself out of trouble

or you may be sent back to your home country, sooner than you thought.

Here in Hua Hin I have seen many tourists, or likely expats, not wearing their helmets.

Plain stupid, but it seems like they are also getting away with it, just like the Thais.

Welcome to Asia, the wild wild East.

4 hours ago, mokwit said:

They think that because they can do what they like in Europe without consequences, they can do it everywhere else.

May I add a small correction, they get away with it if they are not born residents, (natives)

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, mokwit said:

You can't be serious. In my younger and foolish days I was banned from driving 4 times in England. Later on in life I had a minivan company in France and due to having to speed on occasion, to arrive on time for my client, I ended up with several tickets due to being caught in radar traps. I was eventually banned for 6 months and had to attend a driving course. Believe me, there are consequences for breaking traffic laws in Europe!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I have never heard of anyone being charged with reckless driving in Thailand. This must be a first. I see it every day on the highways, and NOBODY ever gets pulled over. Ever. So, he must have pissed someone off, for the cops to actually do their jobs. Also, fleeing from a police officer or the scene of a crime does not appear to be against the law here. 

I’ve just won my court case Monday on a clown that was charged with Reckless Driving when he suddenly U-turned into my path.

IN his own country, he probably should pay about 57000 baht.

Maybe even code 5, which means revoking drivers licence.

Attacking an officer? Then case will go very fast with maybe more severe punishments.

They made a real "no go" for that and are harsh on it.

so charge him for that and keep him for a while in prison (Thailand has those punishments, money and prison).

However that said, if you are for safety, you should also do to Thai.