What Is The Bus In Penang

Thai couculate is situated near ST george highschool. I know we get rid off the bus in front of the school.

but I donot know the bus number from komtar or penang street.

Anyone know the bus number?

Mr. Lopburi said that agency donot have special relations with counsalate.

If so,Why do you need to take risks to use agency?

risk

1 If agency lose our passport, how much money will must lose? because we must go back our country soon.

2. If counsalate ask us some questions, we can reply soon in front of counsalate window.

The #7 bus from komtar go to botanical girden located near consulate,

but how often does the bus go?

The buses in Penang were all renumbered a year or two ago and some were re-routed. The main bus depot is still beneath KOMTAR so that's the best bet for getting information as to which bus goes where...

I stay at chulia, then, if I go to komtar to ask the bus, then long time waiting,

Its better go to buruma street strightly from chulia to catch any bus to the north of buruma,

then walking west to consalate,

so I like to know the exact bus condition now.

so I like to know the exact bus condition now.

It has 45 seats, 4 wheels and it may need a service next week. Oh! and one of the tyres may be a bit bald.

FOR GOD'S SAKE, ASK SOMEONE WHEN YOU GET TO PENANG!!

Edited by Big A

Most local people donot know the bus route, I asked many thing about bus, road, like that in penang,

but most cannot answer exactly.

someone said, that is so far , cannot go on foot,

but actually I could go there on foot 20mins ,like that.

here is most reliable as you often go to consalate in penang .

how about giving the guy a break ,

apparently English isn't the first language and the questions are valid ,

it's of no consequence to any here weather the OP travels by bus or otherwise .

But malaysian english accent and my country english accent is very similar, and I can talk with them

better than you.

I plan to get off bus in front of ST.george high school,as very big and understandable.

From Komtar you ask the locals waiting or one of the people on the bus for jalan burma heading toward midlands/one stop/pulau tikus - you need to get off midlands/one stop. I beleive the road you need to walk along is at a very small cross roads, where where there are old shop houses, a bycycle shop, a maybank, a japanese restaurant - and a disused building - then if you know the name of the road that you need to walk along to get to the Thai Consulate aks for this on the bus. Buses in Penang go when they have enough people on them - the older and cheaper buses have no aircon - so a long wait at the bottom of Komtar can be a warming experience. However, the aircon minibuses are a bit better. When I was there last year, all the buses were in a bad state and worse than the oldest little green Mercedes buses running around bangkok.

The walk from Jalan Burma is quite a way and will take maybe 20-30 mins to the Consulate.

Going along Jalan Burma and getting off may not be the best option. There may be some better buses that go along the road to the botanical gardens that would be alot better and closer - fraid i dont know what they are as i have never doe that route - i just know travelling along jalan burma.

Hope this helps..

Thank you

one stop shopping center is far ,I should go down at wat chiya mangkalaram

but best way is bus going on Ulama street.

By the way, last time, when I use taxi from airport,

I take taxi on the street near airport penang,

I get in taxi, then taxi driver pick up another customer, then start

but he didnt directly drive to consalate, I was so angry, but didnot do anything,

In this case, what can you do?

Or should I ask driver at firstthat, if you take another customer, I donot pay any money and get out taxi?

Or share taxi is normal in penang?

BRING A MAP.

I always forget which bus and have to ask each time but I think 7 sounds familiar. It's sort of tricky in that its on a back streets. Ask the bus driver to let you down at the cons and they will. Don't count on the locals to point the way though, esp if you get lost and have walked the wrong way. Dont get there too early, won't do any good.

I find most people in Malaysia straight-up, I don't think youll have problems w/ taxi driver esp if you they are waiting.

Don't take the bus back - walk. for whatever reason it never seems to come.

Salamat Sian - Saya Mau Pergi ke ___________

Good (early) Afternoon, I want to go to _____________

...everyone speaks english.

btw: the buses are really crappy, esp for fairly developed Malaysia. It's only 30min ride (< 15min by car).

Edited by theseveredhead

Down in Penang now and starting Tuesday, the entire bus system is being re-done... likely with all new routes and route numbers.

Supposed to have 110 brand new busses plying the roads.

The positive side for those on a burget is that for the first three days of the "Ride Penang" system, the bus fare is free.

Edited by sriracha john