No more direct flight to Udon Thani by Air Asia ?

Chalong circle

Received this morning a mail from Air Asia to inform me of the cancelation of my flght from Phuket to Udon Thani at the end of march. Try to change it to another date, but to no avail. Apparently, Air Asia will not operate the route again. Same For Khon Kaen...Anybody knows why ?

Air Asia cancelled my afternoon flight to Bali in April they initially changed to it 6.15 am meaning getting up and travelling from Pattaya in the middle of the night. I have managed to change it to just before midday but I am still waiting for a confirmation email.

On 2/8/2024 at 7:26 AM, Chalong circle said:

Received this morning a mail from Air Asia to inform me of the cancelation of my flght from Phuket to Udon Thani at the end of march. Try to change it to another date, but to no avail. Apparently, Air Asia will not operate the route again. Same For Khon Kaen...Anybody knows why ?

After a visit to airport sale counter (could not be done by phone), my flight has been rescheduled with a stop over in Bangkok at no extra cost. The lady confirmed that the direct flights have been suspended, until further notice...

2 hours ago, Chalong circle said:

Maybe, but on this route the planes were quite full. People going to Laos, and Issan people going back home. and the prices were not cheap, specially in songhkran period....

Maybe not enough planes ?

Maybe quite full is still not enough. Airasia's strategy is based on the Ryanair model which needs over 90% full planes as average to produce the big profits.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chalong circle said:

After a visit to airport sale counter (could not be done by phone), my flight has been rescheduled with a stop over in Bangkok at no extra cost. The lady confirmed that the direct flights have been suspended, until further notice...

2 hour stopovers are fine. Only bad if long.