Best Way To Find A Good Electrical Contractor

Hi,

I need to have my girlfriends new house fully wired instead of the extension cords from the relatives house but with my being a farang, I have no idea how or where to find a legit electrical contractor in Prasat (20 minutes from Surin). Any suggestions? One contractorshe spoke to gave her a rate of 3000 baht to completely wire the house from the pole on the street, but this seems too low but maybe not considering she's in the country versus BKK. I questioned the mother on this as she was the doing the dealing and she was firm it was 3000 baht. If I was doing it here in the states I'd have no problems but in LOS, I'm confused.

Thanks for any info you can give me,

Nhscotsman

Hi,

I need to have my girlfriends new house fully wired instead of the extension cords from the relatives house but with my being a farang, I have no idea how or where to find a legit electrical contractor in Prasat (20 minutes from Surin). Any suggestions? One contractorshe spoke to gave her a rate of 3000 baht to completely wire the house from the pole on the street, but this seems too low but maybe not considering she's in the country versus BKK. I questioned the mother on this as she was the doing the dealing and she was firm it was 3000 baht. If I was doing it here in the states I'd have no problems but in LOS, I'm confused.

Thanks for any info you can give me,

Nhscotsman

I suppose the cost does sound a bit on the cheap side.

But I suggest that you find out EXACTLY what you are getting for your 3 000 Baht. Will the installation be correctly earthed? Will an M.E.N. link be installed? How will the electrical contractor prove to you that the installation is safe?

To help you understand some of these things, you can visit this site;

http://www.crossy.co.uk/wiring