Multi-Entry Visa for 15-Year-Old Minor

I'm planning for my 15-year-old nephew (Irish passport holder) to stay with me in Thailand for several months starting this August.

As his guardian during his stay, we're looking into getting a multi-entry tourist visa for him as we intend to travel within Southeast Asia.

I have a couple of questions regarding the financial proof required for his visa application:

1. Does he need to show funds in his own bank account? (he doesn't have one)
  2. Is it possible for me to provide proof of my finances along with a sponsorship letter, given I'll be his guardian here?
  3. Or, should the proof of funds come from his mother, even though she won't be joining us?

Additionally, I'm curious about any specific guardianship documentation that might be needed:

• Is a notarised letter stating I'll act as his guardian required for the visa application, or is it just necessary at the border and while we're in Thailand?

I'm on a marriage visa here and want to make sure we have everything covered to avoid any issues.

Any advice, especially from those who've been through a similar process, would be greatly appreciated.

14 hours ago, nailbrains8 said:

1. Does he need to show funds in his own bank account? (he doesn't have one)
  2. Is it possible for me to provide proof of my finances along with a sponsorship letter, given I'll be his guardian here?
  3. Or, should the proof of funds come from his mother, even though she won't be joining us?

The requirements are for funds stated to be shown in the bank account of the applicant. Since he's the applicant, he will need to have the required funds to apply for a METV.