CDC: Latest Covid-19 vaccine offers strong protection against symptomatic infection

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The Mahdol Thai travel clinic in Bangkok has it. Supplies limited, need appointment. 

https://www.thaitravelclinic.com/index.php?option=com_rsappt_pro3&view=bookingscreengadwiz&Itemid=544&lang=en

Sheryl, just to be clear, do you mean the travel clinic has the newer, monovalent COVID vaccine versions aimed at the XBB variants?

Or, do you mean they have the prior, and now largely discontinued bivalent vaccines (prior generation)?  The same ones the BMA continues to dispense lately in Bangkok...

Ahh... looks like they ARE advertising the newer version!

Screenshot_1.jpg.4581ee04957a8e36360d9ba84eea6205.jpg

Doctor fee (200 Baht), Hospital fee (100 Baht), Vaccine admisitration fee (20 Baht), Registration fee (20baht, only in the first visit) are not included in price list.

https://www.thaitravelclinic.com/cost.html

But is it available to foreigners?  On an adjoining webpage, they have the following message from May 2022:

"Right now, we do not offer COVID vaccine for foreigners in our clinic."

https://www.thaitravelclinic.com/blog/travel-medicine-issue/covidvaccine-foreigner.html

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Sheryl, just to be clear, do you mean the travel clinic has the newer, monovalent COVID vaccine versions aimed at the XBB variants?

Or, do you mean they have the prior, and now largely discontinued bivalent vaccines (prior generation)?  The same ones the BMA continues to dispense lately in Bangkok...

It has the  vaccine for omicron XBB. 1.5.

But no guarantee about stock levels or how soon one could get an appointment. Best to call

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

It has the  vaccine for omicron XBB. 1.5.

But no guarantee about stock levels or how soon one could get an appointment. Best to call

But is it available to foreigners?  On an adjoining webpage, they have the following [perhaps obsolete] message from May 2022:

https://www.thaitravelclinic.com/blog/travel-medicine-issue/covidvaccine-foreigner.html

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But is it available to foreigners?  On an adjoining webpage, they have the following [perhaps obsolete] message from May 2022:

I would assume so as it appears on the English language version of the website. The 2022 message is obsolete in all respects.

Bets to  call them.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Bets to  call them.

fyi, I sent the following email query to the Mahidol Clinic on Wednesday, and got the subsequent reply:

Q. I am asking is the XBB COVID vaccine available from your clinic for RESIDENT foreigners who live here in Thailand long-term?

Though you could also let me know if the same vaccine is or isn't available from your clinic for visiting foreign tourists?

A.  Yes, we also provide the vaccine for expats or foreigners as well.

• Thanks 1

Monovalent XBB.1.5 vaccine shows 51% protection against COVID hospitalization

A new interim estimate of vaccine effectiveness (VE) of the monovalent (single-strain) XBB.1.5 COVID-19 vaccine shows the shot was 51% effective in preventing emergency department and urgent care visits among adults without compromised immune systems.

Compared to adults who did not receive the monovalent XBB.1.5 COVID-19 vaccine, recipients were most protected in the first 7 to 59 days after vaccination, with VE dropping slightly 60 to 119 days after an updated dose.

In both networks combined, VE against COVID-19–associated emergency department or urgent care visits among all adults was 51% ... during the first 7 to 59 days after an updated dose and 39% ... 60 to 119 days after vaccination. VE against COVID-19–associated hospitalization was 52% ... and 43% ... respectively.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/monovalent-xbb15-vaccine-shows-51-protection-against-covid-hospitalization

Interim Effectiveness of Updated 2023–2024 (Monovalent XBB.1.5) COVID-19 Vaccines Against COVID-19–Associated Emergency Department and Urgent Care Encounters and Hospitalization Among Immunocompetent Adults Aged ≥18 Years — VISION and IVY Networks, September 2023–January 2024

February 29, 2024

What is added by this report?

Receipt of an updated COVID-19 vaccine dose provided increased protection against COVID-19–associated emergency department and urgent care encounters and hospitalization compared with no receipt of an updated vaccine dose among immunocompetent U.S. adults during a period of multiple cocirculating SARS-CoV-2 Omicron lineages.

What are the implications for public health practice?

These findings support CDC recommendations for updated 2023–2024 COVID-19 vaccination. All persons aged ≥6 months should receive updated 2023–2024 COVID-19 vaccine.

mm7308a5.jpg.5e321104f4a6161e8066ad8fd609d9d7.jpg

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/73/wr/mm7308a5.htm

14 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Covid Deniers aren't being fed talking points anymore, so they are very quiet.

Knock yourself out with as many boosters as you want. We are over Covid...if you are still scared of it do as you wish. I have had Covid twice. I am not worried about getting it again...I dont think many are. It wont stop you getting Covid....but it might just stop you ending up on a ventilator..right???

Edited by stats
trolling comment removed
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Knock yourself out with as many boosters as you want. We are over Covid...if you are still scared of it do as you wish. I have had Covid twice. I am not worried about getting it again...I dont think many are. It wont stop you getting Covid....but it might just stop you ending up on a ventilator..right???

Well, yes, it may, though you are lucky you never needed to be on a ventilator, others were not so lucky.....................😉

Strange you had it twice and me never....Strange that.......:coffee1:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, transam said:

Well, yes, it may, though you are lucky you never needed to be on a ventilator, others were not so lucky.....................😉

Strange you had it twice and me never....Strange that.......:coffee1:

That'd be the magic vaccines at work.....you must have had a 'special' one. All the people I know that got MRNA vaccines have had covid about as badly as I did or worse...Still, NO ONE is on a ventilator!! 

Posted (edited)

Latest weekly COVID report from Thailand's Ministry of Public Health through March 2 -- 91 hospitalized COVID cases on ventilators (the light purple colored section below)  Plus 263 COVID cases hospitalized in serious condition (the dark purple section below):

Screenshot_4.jpg.6d66b1181785690c5e0dd17bfac67ebc.jpg

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/?dashboard=main

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

That'd be the magic vaccines at work.....you must have had a 'special' one. All the people I know that got MRNA vaccines have had covid about as badly as I did or worse...Still, NO ONE is on a ventilator!! 

As I said, weren't you lucky.........😋

No, I never had special jabs, I/we just used our loves sifting through the advice floating about at the time....

Whereas, on here you had members spouting off on how wonderful their immune system was and would never catch it...........Bwaaah.......😁

A post has been removed for violating the forum's rules, along with an ensuing reply:

"5. Do not post text with all capital letters or with over-sized fonts, all bold font, non-standard fonts, colored fonts or unusually large emojis. "

9 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

I have been vaccinated since 2021. Never got Covid.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...