Chinese Man Falls to His Death From Pattaya Condo

webfact

image.jpeg

A 35-year-old Chinese man on vacation with his family in Pattaya for the Chinese New Year reportedly fell to his death from a condo in North Pattaya this afternoon, February 11th, 2024.

The incident took place at approximately 2:00 P.M. at a condo in Central Pattaya whose name has been withheld pending further investigation.

The victim, identified by his family to the press and police as 35-year-old Yuanhui Lai, had reportedly fallen to his death from the balcony of a rented condo on the 18th floor of the condominium.

By Adam Judd

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-02-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

How the hell does one fall over the balcony at this condo building? The railings are nearly as high as the nipples of the breasts, just a few cms below them.

He had a fight with his wife just before, sounds like he jumped.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

How the hell does one fall over the balcony at this condo building? The railings are nearly as high as the nipples of the breasts, just a few cms below them.

This condo?

You know it specifically?

Generally:

I am only 172 cm (5"7) and still it's more like belly button when visiting friend or mates 😁

Edited by KhunBENQ

'This is the fourth foreign national to fall from a Pattaya condo in roughly a week,'

As he's Chinese some measures will be taken: a committee will have regular meetings until 2025; their findings + free lunch vouchers/travel expenses will never be published.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

This condo?

You know it specifically?

Generally:

I am only 172 cm (5"7) and still it's more like belly button when visiting friend or mates 😁

It's the one full of Chinese and full of Air BNB renters, and the top of the railing is about half way between the nipples and belly button area for someone around 180cm tall. Impossible to fall over it.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

You had me guessing as to actual height... 

Are these nipples of a 18yr old woman or a 75 Yr old woman,  can be a big difference...🙄

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

You had me guessing as to actual height... 

Are these nipples of a 18yr old woman or a 75 Yr old woman,  can be a big difference...🙄

Yes, a 75yr old with gigantic bazoongas would probably have her nipples as low as her punani at her ripe old age.

Edited by bbi1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Why are so many people falling from balconies in Pattaya???

You see, they realize they've at last reached Heaven. Life can never get better than in Pattaya. Nothing more is worth achieving. And the thought of going home or moving elsewhere is unbearable.

It's long been ackknowledged, nothing new here.

@Addicted2Pattaya on 2008-10-13 00:39:08:

If pattaya did die. where would be the next best place ?

@Sommaz on 2008-10-13 10:47:57:

Heaven of course.

Best to depart now in the state of bliss. To paraphrase an old poem floating around in the 60s,

This is IT

This is really IT.

And THAT is THAT.

18 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Someone has died and, right on cue, we have a number of moronic 'jokes' and comments from people who haven't read the full report but comment from ignorance anyway.

Moronic jokes and laughing emojis are disgraceful when there has been a fatality . I wish the moderators would censor .

• Agree 2

Why are there so often such tragic events in Thailand? 
If this happens so frequently, whatever the reason, why not impose MUCH higher railings for balcony edges? 
If this could prevent 50% of accidents, that would already be something.

Edited by CDG931

On 2/11/2024 at 2:44 PM, ikke1959 said:

Gravity.

That thing about nipple height is probably the most pervy thing I've ever seen on this site.

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

Gravity.

That thing about nipple height is probably the most pervy thing I've ever seen on this site.

I dunno. A lot of men nowadays have those low hanging nipples. You may see a lot of moobs during Songkran. Those don't get much love here for some reason.

image.png.52b0566651885fd6cfeaab2f28359dfc.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 5:44 AM, ikke1959 said:

Because you are reading news about incidents in Thailand.

This same thing happens in all areas with high tourist footfall... Spain, Cancun....

I'm not sure if the numbers of 'balcony falls' in Thailand or specifically, Pattaya, are disporportinately high compaured to the number of tourists.

It would need to measured in: Number of falls per 100,000 tourist days...  to achieve a comparable metric,