Crane Overturns at Chonburi Construction Site, Injuring Driver

webfact

image.jpeg

Chonburi — A construction accident occurred at the Chonburi Provincial Administration Organization on Monday, with a crane weighing over 80 tons overturning and crushing a pickup truck.

The incident happened at the site of a five-story office building project within the Chonburi Provincial Administration Organization on February 12th, 2024.

Initial reports indicated that the crane arm struck a fence before toppling onto a pickup truck parked nearby. The owner of the truck is still unidentified.

By Aim Tanakorn

PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-02-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

7 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

I suppose they had the regulatory "Lift Plan" in place for heavy lift ??? ,,,,,,,,,,,LOL

I'm sure the risk analysis was done, discussed, amended and passed before the lift commenced.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

a crane weighing over 80 tons overturning and crushing a pickup truck.

I doubt that very much, maybe it was an 80 ton lift crane, an 80 ton weighing crane would be completely illegal on any road most weigh 40 tons.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish these reporters would check their facts, the Max weight of any vehicle in Thailand is 50.5 tons, and with that wheel configuration is only 30 tons gross weight with a rear axle weight of 20tons, so we are supposed to believe it was 2.6 times overweight.  Aim is interested at story telling maybe, but crap as a reporter. The 30 tons was a bit surprising as in WA Australia it is 40 tons but then it must be a certain width becoz of the height.