Annual Car Tax

8 minutes ago, mirage said:

A question for foreigners who have the car registered in your own name.  Do you have to get a letter from immigration every year when you re-tax the car ?. 

No, just take the blue book to DLT or an agent.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mirage said:

A question for foreigners who have the car registered in your own name.  Do you have to get a letter from immigration every year when you re-tax the car ?. 

You just need the blue book and compulsory insurance as others have said.

Watch the age of the car.

It needs a certificate of testing after 7 years (? not sure exactly).

This is similar to the UK MOT.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, mirage said:

What if you don't have a blue book ?.

Then you do not own the car.

Has it been bought on hire purchase/loan?

If it has, I believe that the lender keeps the book until the loan is paid up, and so they have to do the tax.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Thumbs Up 2

Is there a mix up here?

Car blue book or blue house book?

Normally if you buy a car you receive the blue book which shows you are the owner of the car.

In case there is a loan on the car you will not have the blue book,that stays with the loan

company until the loan is paid of.

A copy of the car book can not be used to pay tax.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, jvs said:

Is there a mix up here?

Car blue book or blue house book?

Normally if you buy a car you receive the blue book which shows you are the owner of the car.

In case there is a loan on the car you will not have the blue book,that stays with the loan

company until the loan is paid of.

A copy of the car book can not be used to pay tax.

A copy of the car blue book CAN be used to renew car tax. As said if car is on finance you only have a copy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, terryq said:

A copy of the car blue book CAN be used to renew car tax. As said if car is on finance you only have a copy.

I did not know that,what will you receive as proof you paid tax?

Only the new tax plate ?They mark it in my car book each year when i pay tax.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, jvs said:

I did not know that,what will you receive as proof you paid tax?

Only the new tax plate ?They mark it in my car book each year when i pay tax.

You receive a normal receipt. In the future when you do have the blue book you present it to the car tax office and it is fully updated. People with cars on finance do it this way all the time. Also if done online you do not get your blue book updated 'till you present the book to the reg office at a later date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Please provide link to register online. 

The main page is https://eservice.dlt.go.th 
It's Thai language only but this should take you to the registration page: https://eservice.dlt.go.th/esvapp/esv/member/esv01i001/index.jsf 
It requires a 13-digit ID but worked fine with my Thai social insurance number. 

Their system is automatically updated when you buy the compulsory insurance and also directly in real time from the vehicle testing station. It won't let you pay the tax without those. If you have more than one vehicle, you can add them all together under one account. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

The main page is https://eservice.dlt.go.th 
It's Thai language only but this should take you to the registration page: https://eservice.dlt.go.th/esvapp/esv/member/esv01i001/index.jsf 
It requires a 13-digit ID but worked fine with my Thai social insurance number. 

Their system is automatically updated when you buy the compulsory insurance and also directly in real time from the vehicle testing station. It won't let you pay the tax without those. If you have more than one vehicle, you can add them all together under one account. 

Great, this will come in handy. 👍

I've got a connection with them on my Line App but it's pretty useless. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

On 2/13/2024 at 8:02 AM, mirage said:

I don't. Blue book, MOT and insurance 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 8:02 AM, mirage said:

No

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 2:02 AM, mirage said:

Not where I live – Samui – I have my insurance agent to do the renewal job for free, it's including in the insurance renewal.