Google Issues Serious New Warning For All Android And iPhone Users

Crossy

Android and iPhone updates this year will be dominated by AI—much of it from Google. But this comes with a serious new warning for every user, and it should change how we use our phones.

Google issues AI warning for smartphone users

Be careful how you use AI on your smartphone

The rollercoaster AI smartphone ride is now well underway. It was always going to be the case, that integrating generative AI into the smartphone apps we use most would eclipse last year’s ChatGPT take-up. And here we now are.

But not so fast—all this comes with a huge risk to your security and privacy.

Read more: -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2024/02/12/google-warns-as-free-ai-upgrade-for-iphone-android-and-samsung-users/?sh=7e37fa2616d2

• Thanks 1

Terminator is amongst us now. the rise of the AI. 

i was watching a 60 minutes with the godfather of ai. he is both excited an cautious. he cant predict when, but he is sure that one day soon ai will develop self awareness.

this is exactly the premise in terminator 2.

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

No wifi or third party apps on my phone.

Problem solved.

Screenshot_20240213-084410_SamsungExperienceHome.jpg.4db684cc390dd2a23937ee50b500e1c5.jpg

It's easy to get a 'clean' looking home screen like that. Go into settings/app to see what is actually installed.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

It's easy to get a 'clean' looking home screen like that. Go into settings/app to see what is actually installed.

Oh doubting Thomas.

As  I said.

No third party apps - just the ones from Samsung/AIS that I cannot uninstall.

And still no WIFI .

Screenshot_20240213-092414_SamsungExperienceHome.jpg.27869d7ca24851bdedbcf84abca2fac4.jpg

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Oh doubting Thomas.

As  I said.

No third party apps - just the ones from Samsung/AIS that I cannot uninstall.

And still no WIFI .

Screenshot_20240213-092414_SamsungExperienceHome.jpg.27869d7ca24851bdedbcf84abca2fac4.jpg

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

🤣🤣 did you not understand, "updates this year will be dominated by AI—much of it from Google." 🤣🤣 What does your turning off WiFi do to stop AI apps running? Do you think Samsung doesn't use AI embedded in Apps? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mikebike said:

🤣🤣 did you not understand, "updates this year will be dominated by AI—much of it from Google." 🤣🤣 What does your turning off WiFi do to stop AI apps running? Do you think Samsung doesn't use AI embedded in Apps? 

Oh dear. 🤪

How will Samsung update my phone with the wifi turned off?

Samsung have been trying to download updates ever since I bought it.

Not been successful yet.

The phone is quite old now but I can still make calls, send SMS's and take photos.

That is all I need.

Oh - and an alarm for 'beer o'clock' with friends

Edited by Tropicalevo

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

and it should change how we use our phones.

Unfortunately I think that horse has well and truly bolted for most..............

The last paragraph highlights it

We can’t have it both ways. Either we value our privacy and the huge strides made in recent years on private browsing, tracking and location sharing. Or AI integrated into mainstream apps is just too cool to live without, and we will use it for everything.

If it’s the latter, then this may become the ultimate “be careful what you wish for.”

Thanks for bringing that article to people's attention :thumbsup:

Microsoft trying to ram AI in the form of Copilot or whatever it is called into Windows with updates. If I cannot get rid of it I will definitely be switching over to Linux.

8 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Sounds fun. 

He uses his phone for basic phone functions and feels he does not need all the other functionality. I understand where he is coming from but yes it won't work for everybody.

• Agree 1