Some good areas to drive in Thailand

The road from Nan is 1169 then turn left on 1081 to go to Pua. I didn't go on longer 1081 loop but did drive to some viewing spots full of tourists. The more direct route actually had better views and less people.

30 minutes ago, uttradit said:

Nan to Pua: A+. I took the middle road. There are 3 options and the middle road looked the best option for both time and views. Some outstanding views, great restaurants and stopping points. Not much traffic. Really enjoyed it

All nice ones.   Just to add to the Nan area, bit more specific, for Nan-Bo Kluea-Pua on hwy 1081, and one of the best.  Though probably not as many restaurants of the other 2 options.

Khao Kho area in Phetchabun is excellent.

If in the area, hwy # 4232, Nakhon Si Thammarat worth the slight detour from the main that bypass it, heading S or N.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, madox66 said:

Nong khai to Chiang Khan by route 211 ? Along Mekong ?

If got the time, along the river, as you'll probably stop more often.  Done both, prefer riverside, though TBH, haven't been on either for quite some time, years. image.png.5df67fb6cb1579f26c63324252bc4097.png

Edited by KhunLA

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2024 at 6:44 PM, KhunLA said:

If down in deep south, hwy #410, between Yala (city) & Betong, is quite nice, although a long ways off.  Bottom 2 hrs  before Betong.  Nice and windy, good scenery.

image.png.22eb9b83176b90bdbd2ecce99269b1a9.png

If you have the necessary paperwork, it used to be that it's quicker to get back from Betong if you go through Malaysia 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, digbeth said:

If you have the necessary paperwork, it used to be that it's quicker to get back from Betong if you go through Malaysia 

Yes, I saw that routing, but then I'd need an exit stamp and getting that, timewise, would defeat the purpose.   People not on long term visa should definitely get multi entry visa, if still the same price as when I used to get them.

Same if wanting to hit lower Pattani & Narathiwat, although not exactly pet friendly, as couldn't find hotel that takes dogs, though didn't look very hard.  One province I can't say I stayed in or even been to, Narathiwat, oh well.   I feel so incomplete :cheesy:

Edited by KhunLA

On 2/14/2024 at 3:39 PM, MarcelV said:

I recommend the 410 from Yala to Betong. Similar mountain views to Northern Thailand and much less touristy.

This is the best biking road in the whole of the South of Thailand - If you can hop over the border into Malaysia the road that runs from East > West coast Malaysia is also good, but not as fun as the (single carriageway) to Betong, especially around the bridge area.