Scrapping a car

It's too expensive to fix my old car (1994 Nissan NV, engine needs replacing) so I had it towed by my breakdown service to a garage in Krabi. The blue book is in it. I told the mechanic that I would not repair it and to scrap it and that he could keep anything he made from selling parts. My mechanic in Chiang Mai says you don't need to do any special paperwork when scrapping a car - all you need is to have its blue book.

Who else - if anyone - do I need to inform (the Roads Dept., my insurer etc.)? Is there anything else to bear in mind?

Thank you 

6 hours ago, Virtualrecluse said:

It's too expensive to fix my old car (1994 Nissan NV, engine needs replacing) so I had it towed by my breakdown service to a garage in Krabi. The blue book is in it. I told the mechanic that I would not repair it and to scrap it and that he could keep anything he made from selling parts. My mechanic in Chiang Mai says you don't need to do any special paperwork when scrapping a car - all you need is to have its blue book.

Who else - if anyone - do I need to inform (the Roads Dept., my insurer etc.)? Is there anything else to bear in mind?

Thank you 

Dam it I just got rid of one with a good engine, but the Auto box was F * *ked. Along with many other things, sold it for 10k. PS  Nissan sunny engine fits the same, but may depend on auto or manual.

• 2 weeks later...

The mechanic in Krabi is trying to sell the car on my behalf. I have already sent him all the paperwork required such as copies of passport and visa etc. Now he tells me my visa is out of date, but it isn't; I only renewed it for another year in January. Am wondering whether to approach the police here on Koh Lanta (tourist police or directly, Traffic cops) for further guidance as I just want to make sure it's either properly sold or scrapped so that I am no longer responsible for it. I have also asked for some kind of document confirming the sale. At some point, I have to inform my insurance company that it is no longer on the road, too, I imagine...