Is it 2 land entry crossings per calendar yr or 2 per 12mths from your first arrival?

9 hours ago, thecyclist said:

I am not even sure this rule is still enforced. They used to write a 1 and 2 above your arrival stamp. When I entered at Pong Nam Rong last month, they didn't. 

It is enforced. Even border run companies cannot circumvent that and simply won't take you on a trip if you did 2 land border entries this calendar year

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thecyclist said:

I am not even sure this rule is still enforced. They used to write a 1 and 2 above your arrival stamp. When I entered at Pong Nam Rong last month, they didn't. 

Probably all on computer these days and no need to write it in the passport

11 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Probably all on computer these days and no need to write it in the passport

Of course not, it's more a reminder to not show up again at a land border when you see the number 2.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

Of course not, it's more a reminder to not show up again at a land border when you see the number 2.

2 land border entries per calendar year is the only rule that is set on paper and actually enforced. All  the other made-up rules like 6 months in a year as a tourist or whatever are pure speculation.

Edited by JoseThailand

13 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

It is enforced. Even border run companies cannot circumvent that and simply won't take you on a trip if you did 2 land border entries this calendar year

It's not enforced for Lao, Cambodian or Burmese passport holders. Allowed to to a million border runs per year if they so wish to.

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

It's not enforced for Lao, Cambodian or Burmese passport holders. Allowed to to a million border runs per year if they so wish to.

It's because there is no limitation on land border entries for them. Nothing to enforce. Same as for Russians. For the countries that have this limitation (most Western countries), it is enforced.