New TM 7 FORM

Did my yearly extension in Udon Thani today.  i have a fillable TM7 form I have been using.  The IO told me the form has been changed slightly.  She filled out a new form for me and gave me a blank copy.  Does anyone know if there is a fillable form available on line?

I will attach a copy of the form she gave me today.  I tried to create a fillable form myself but have not succeeded.

NEW TM7 FRONT.doc NEW TM7 BACK.docx

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

The only change I can see is that the dotted lines after the phrase, "Reason for extension" use to be three lines under the phrase.  This document they have brought the dotted lines up to the word "extension."  That's the only change I personally see.  Anyone see anything else.

Does anyone have a PDF editor?  If someone can take the fillable TM.7 form and edit it to make that change it would probably help us all. 

I'm headed to Immigration for an extension tomorrow.  I'll see if the fillable flies or not. 

I did an extension in Korat today. 

While I was filling out the many forms TM7 included, I noticed several people were also filling out forms as the ones that they had filled out online weren't acceptable. 

It appears everything has to be done on one's own handwriting.  I find this a bit backwards in some ways as my handwriting is very close to chicken scrawl. 

It has been a while since I last applied for an extension. I'd forgotten how many different forms you need.  Official immigration website just mentions TM7 and providing a photo. 

No mention of certificate of residence, copy of house book, copy of missus ID card, notification of residence, Form acknowledging penalties for overstay. And a few others I can't remember. 

No longer a simple process but I did manage to get it all done on second visit. Only took an hour on the second visit. 

Not really looking forward to applying for retirement visa... Might take the easy option via an agent. 

2 hours ago, connda said:

The only change I can see is that the dotted lines after the phrase, "Reason for extension" use to be three lines under the phrase.  This document they have brought the dotted lines up to the word "extension."  That's the only change I personally see.  Anyone see anything else. 

That's the only "change" I see, a change so minor that it's hard to believe any IO would reject use of the so-called "old" one.  I submitted (in Chiangmai) an older TM7 (one that is editable and I filled out on my computer) 2 months ago and there was no problem with using that form (one with the three lines below the reasons for extension).

Several years back, they made a change to the form (adding only the handicap language on the back of the form) and afterwards required one to use that "new" form.  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, connda said:

Does anyone have a PDF editor?  If someone can take the fillable TM.7 form and edit it to make that change it would probably help us all. 

I open any PDF in my browser (Edge) and are able to write on it or fill out fields. No PDF editor required. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

See that I see they still cannot get Day....Month.....Year....... onto the same line!

Indeed. Why do they fiddle with such microchanges and not care for more important tidying like the scattered date fields...

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Indeed. Why do they fiddle with such microchanges and not care for more important tidying like the scattered date fields...

Agreed. I could reformat the form in 10 minutes.

Don't forget BLUE ink, and DO NOT use a fountain pen as it leaks through to the other side.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Uth2006 said:

Did my yearly extension in Udon Thani today.  i have a fillable TM7 form I have been using.  The IO told me the form has been changed slightly.  She filled out a new form for me and gave me a blank copy.  Does anyone know if there is a fillable form available on line?

I will attach a copy of the form she gave me today.  I tried to create a fillable form myself but have not succeeded.

NEW TM7 FRONT.doc 17.24 MB · 99 downloads NEW TM7 BACK.docx 16.89 MB · 44 downloads

computer does not recognise the format of the picture pasted onto the doc..
if jpg file, would be easy to convert to pdf fillable form.

On my marriage extension before last, they returned my two TM7s which I'd filled in by hand in blue ink telling me that they were the old forms. I then, with my shaky hand, had to fill in two new ones. On returning home, I realised that except for a few dots in different places, they were identical to the new ones. I think they realise this, but they lose face if they accept all your forms without picking you up on something.

5 hours ago, connda said:

Does anyone have a PDF editor?

My PDF viewers all have an "add text" button. 

Maybe in a sub menu across the top or perhaps if you right click on the document and look at the drop down menu. 

6 hours ago, connda said:

Several years ago I downloaded the form from the immigration website.  Filled it out and brought to immigration.  He looked at it and asked me where I got it.  I told him from their website.  He handed me a blank form to fill out again.

All sounds like some offices do, some don't, some officers want, some don't. As usual. Groundhog Day. I'm in two minds whether they simply have no idea what they are doing or are just deliberately being difficult which in their mind wearing a uniform entitles them to be. Probably both at the same time.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I gave up taking in a already filled in form at my office because they threw it in the bin and gave me one to fill out in their office a few years back as they said it was a old version.

I imagine in all things IT related in Thailand nothing gets updated online as they do love paper...

• Confused 1

On 2/16/2024 at 10:41 AM, Andycoops said:

I imagine in all things IT related in Thailand nothing gets updated online as they do love paper...

HMPO are even worse in that regard when we Brits need to renew our passports here. A 4-page paper application form has to be completed in our ultra-neatest handwriting. And woe betide us if we stray outside any of the microscopic character boxes! And woe betide us also if we have the audacity to use anything other than a BLACK pen in completing this form!!

And then HMPO go and demonstrate their love of paper even further by insisting on paper copies of each and every page in our existing passports being provided, even blank pages! And these copies must be printed in colour, not black-and-white!! Just how pointlessly daft is that??

Edited by OJAS
  • Love It 1