Airborne pollution forecast to worsen this weekend

snoop1130

Thai-PBS-World-logo-2023-02-02T211848.708.png

The PM2.5 problem in and around Bangkok, in 17 northern provinces and in the northeast is predicted to get worse this weekend, while the situation in the south is steadily improving, according to the Air Pollution Mitigation Centre.

Airborne pollution in the eastern region is forecast to ease from next Wednesday.

PM2.5 dust has reached the health-affecting Red level in Ang Thong, Lop Buri, Chainat, Kanchanaburi, Saraburi and Sing Buri today, with the highest concentration being measured at 117µg/m³ in Ban Nua sub-district of Kanchanaburi.

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-02-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 1

I am in Lopburi provinces one of the mentioned provinces, near me a big mountain 12 km from us normally you can see without any  problem but today, I was with in 6km and I still could not see it, just a fog, first time in a lot of years it has been like this.

A lot of it is the locales Burning the roadside verges, and they are a lot of it, not cane farmers burning cane as no cane is bunt in this area and very little rice is grown ,no burnt rice fields, it seems a combination of weather patterns and burning. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

I think this weekend may not be the true picture. Try the next 3+ months.

What do you mean? It is the reported levels from the monitors - it could get worse 

What do you expect over "next 3+ months?

3 hours ago, kickstart said:

I am in Lopburi provinces one of the mentioned provinces, near me a big mountain 12 km from us normally you can see without any  problem but today, I was with in 6km and I still could not see it, just a fog, first time in a lot of years it has been like this.

A lot of it is the locales Burning the roadside verges, and they are a lot of it, not cane farmers burning cane as no cane is bunt in this area and very little rice is grown ,no burnt rice fields, it seems a combination of weather patterns and burning. 

Farmers burning is more just smoke, not really nasty smog. The smog in bangkok looks more like the heavy pollutants from exhaust or industry that hang in the air much more, not smoke.

All you need to know about Thailand on ANYTHING. always reactive and not proactive.. and by 'reactive" I mean, public statement about "concern, taking action  etc' The whole country is nothing more than a talking shop 

Edited by pixelaoffy
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kwilco said:

What do you mean? It is the reported levels from the monitors - it could get worse 

What do you expect over "next 3+ months?

I thought my post was pretty self evident. OP says pm 2.5 will be worse this weekend and I basically said nevermind this weekend it will get worse over the next 3 months. Is this any clearer? Pun intended.

My previous post. "I think this weekend may not be the true picture. Try the next 3+ months."

As it turns out it seems so far this weekend it hasn't got worse. Indeed from the middle of the week it seems to have improved a bit.

https://www.iqair.com/th/

Screenshot (1231).png

Edited by dinsdale

On 2/16/2024 at 6:23 PM, john donson said:

congrats to the PM for his excellent work

well not for PM 2.5, but for thaksin, the next PM ... so he did something... 

Give him a break, the PM has so many irons in the fire! 😆

Just for fun I am going to one day get a white jump suit, and a gas mask and board a plane for BKK.  Then walk around the airport and city. Of course while filming for my new YouTube channel..  hahaha