Biking Group in Pattaya Raises Safety Concerns After Performing Stunts on Road

webfact

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

One of the many problems is a lack of registration plate doesn't get picked up by police here

Another problem is that the (traffic) police almost never do their job.

Could it be that rider and drivers behave the way they do because nobody ever tells them to obey the laws? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Could it be that rider and drivers behave the way they do because nobody ever tells them to obey the laws? 

I was told some time ago by a volunteer that the police had lost their ability to issue tickets and just stopped patrols because of that... not sure about that. i have simply not seen a road-block, and very few police on the beat for a long time now.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I was told some time ago by a volunteer that the police had lost their ability to issue tickets and just stopped patrols because of that... not sure about that. i have simply not seen a road-block, and very few police on the beat for a long time now.

In my neck of the woods at 6pm the police disappear until 6 am, the night time road users do as they like.

Police just respond to accidents.

52 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yeah, i think they stopped the patrols when all the stealth video clips ( taken on phones ) of corruption started coming online from the 'netizens', they must be in outrage, they always seem to be - lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

In my neck of the woods at 6pm the police disappear until 6 am, the night time road users do as they like.

Police just respond to accidents.

Wow I only see cops around 4 pm waving on kids/parents coming out of school 3-4 up, no helmets, on M/C.

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

In my neck of the woods at 6pm the police disappear

Then you can't live in Pattaya; you will not see a single cop after 3pm or before 10am on any weekday: not all at weekends which last from Friday morning till late Monday; or on numerous public holidays.  You might catch a glimpse of some on Walking Street outside of these times IF there are cameras about.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 6:27 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Examples of this to be seen at night on soi 6. Tourists have rented big bikes and were trying to show off on soi 6 in the midst of all the crowds by giving their engines a rev behind walkers. Very infantile and reckless and I worry  someone may get mowed down by one of these heavy machines. It is all a  bit reckless and out of control.