Renewal blues 2

17 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

i get where immigration are coming from and assume they want to stop people recycling 'income' be crediting and debiting the same amount between personal accounts. however, proof of the credits, from the pension source, in the home country account should be accepted?

anyway, to save hassle just put 800k in an account and have done with it. :coffee1:

"should be accepted" but how do you know until you turn up at immigration on the day your visa expires.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

All my credits are sent via Wise and therefor from a personal account. All I gave immigration last time around was a page from my HMRC on-line tax account, giving details of my 3 pensions. That was enough to keep them happy.

No way would I put 800k in an account and have immigration dictate to me what I can, or rather cannot do with my own money.

Judging by the emojis, I seem to have caused some confusion with this post and I can see why now.

What I should have said was a page from my HMRC on-line tax account, giving details of my 3 pensions along with the transfer slips downloaded from Wise'. Does that make sense now ya'll?

• Confused 1

another reason why more and more people move to using agents<
no worries

everyone wins; immigration gets a slice of the pie, agent makes a few Baht, PLUS you dont have to deal with the stress
while if you do it on ur own they get zip and ur stressed out every year worrying if you have all ur ducks lined up or they made some change and you were not informed.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

Surely many people get their pension paid into a personal account then transfer it to Thailand. So is this not acceptable to immigration? I will stick to the 800k in bank method, easy.

It is,

I also dont use the monthly method. 

But when I transfer money from my US account where my pensions money is deposited.in my Wise account there is and drop down window . where you chose the reason for transfer. There is a choice "for visa extension reason"  ot something worded as such. I alway pick this in case there is am emergency that would require that I withdraw some of my bank balance, that way I have the monthly income method  also available to me. 

4 hours ago, deadbeat said:

Just an update on my renewal issues and some new info.

Another stressful day on Friday.

Had to go to main branch in the city to get the letter that stated 12 monthly payments into my account from overseas.

Why this could not be done at my branch is a mystery.

Back to immi and then told they will not accept the letter because" the money came from myself"

My letter stated that the money had come from my personal account.

They want it to come from a pension or a company or something like that.

The letter that someone posted on the previous post was fine because it didn't show where the money had come from, only that it had been deposited on a certain day.

As this was deadline day for me had to sort it asap, not cheap but the least expensive option.

So, the lesson is to make sure the letter, if doing the 12 monthly way, either states that it came from a remote source or does not state it at all and only that the money was deposited.

To cap all this, after running around the city for a couple of hours, get a screw in the back tyre and had to slither to the shop to get that sorted.

Thank the Lord I only have to deal with this once a year.

The bank letter, statement has to show 12 monthly deposits of no less than 65,000 baht, it also has to show that it came from outside of Thailand, FTT is the code which would be in your book if you had Bangkok Bank

21 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

another reason why more and more people move to using agents<
no worries

everyone wins; immigration gets a slice of the pie, agent makes a few Baht, PLUS you dont have to deal with the stress
while if you do it on ur own they get zip and ur stressed out every year worrying if you have all ur ducks lined up or they made some change and you were not informed.

Well that's one way to describe the rampant corruption that pervades the immigration service in certain quarters.

• Sad 1

A colleague went to do his extension at Jomtien last week, correct paperwork more than enough funds in the bank for the required time. IO looked at his bank book picked an ‘anomaly’ out in it and said can’t do it, you used an agent the last time, go back to agent.

Edited by Jumbo1968
Edit
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I have used the monthly income of at least 65K baht from abroad each moth for over a decade. Even after switching to extension based on marriage because we spend at least that much each month. Why not the "easier 800K or 400K? Up until recently I had better than 400K in the bank but we just used that and more to make a house downpayment. I'll begin again building the savings here over time. Could I just transfer the needed amount now? Hmm, yes, but that would require selling investments and paying taxes on the proceeds. No, better financial thinking to leave the investments earning dividends and use the monthly. USA, Social Security into my US account. Retirement funds (no "pension" Minimum Required Distribution into same account. Then once a month I direct Wise to withdraw $2200.00 from my bank and they deposit it in my Bangkok Bank Account (always cite the reason for the transfer as long term living expense on the Wise transfer so that BKK always credits it as FTT. Works for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, deadbeat said:

Just an update on my renewal issues and some new info.

Another stressful day on Friday.

Had to go to main branch in the city to get the letter that stated 12 monthly payments into my account from overseas.

Why this could not be done at my branch is a mystery.

Back to immi and then told they will not accept the letter because" the money came from myself"

My letter stated that the money had come from my personal account.

They want it to come from a pension or a company or something like that.

The letter that someone posted on the previous post was fine because it didn't show where the money had come from, only that it had been deposited on a certain day.

As this was deadline day for me had to sort it asap, not cheap but the least expensive option.

So, the lesson is to make sure the letter, if doing the 12 monthly way, either states that it came from a remote source or does not state it at all and only that the money was deposited.

To cap all this, after running around the city for a couple of hours, get a screw in the back tyre and had to slither to the shop to get that sorted.

Thank the Lord I only have to deal with this once a year.

One day, once a year. Not exactly a hardship.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

23 hours ago, retarius said:

Why not just put the 800K in the bank here? That will save you the worry. If you haven't got the money then use an agent like everyone else. You have to have income of 65K per month. You cannot send yourself 'income'.

You transfer income received in your home country to Thailand so in effect you are sending yourself your own income to your Thai bank account to facilitate your visa extension.

It has to be money transferred from outside of Thailand using the monthly method and proof of that is required by the IB.

• Confused 1

I remember years back at the Chonburi immigration I showed them my monthly retirement income from my annual retirement statement from the “Office of personnel management retirement division” from the U.S. government and they accepted it. But! That was before the pandemic.

Khon Kaen immigration told me that I should show some proof of income source (pension statement) in addition to one year of bank statements with the monthly transfers.

I will probably prepare a big staple of paper incl bank statements from home country and WISE transfer receipts.

On 2/20/2024 at 8:13 AM, retarius said:

Why not just put the 800K in the bank here? That will save you the worry. If you haven't got the money then use an agent like everyone else. You have to have income of 65K per month. You cannot send yourself 'income'.

I suppose you could. Send 65K in month 1 to Thailand. Withdraw it, deposit it in another bank then send it back to your home country. Month 2 send the same 65k to Thailand.........

On 2/20/2024 at 6:13 AM, Jumbo1968 said:

A colleague went to do his extension at Jomtien last week, correct paperwork more than enough funds in the bank for the required time. IO looked at his bank book picked an ‘anomaly’ out in it and said can’t do it, you used an agent the last time, go back to agent.

Went to korat immigration this week for renewal, everything OK until shock,

horror, name in bank book does not match name in passport, because middle

name in bank book missing, has always been accepted for previous extensions.

Stand-off ensued with imminent refusal on the cards. IO eventually relented and

said she would issue renewal. but I had to return next day with bank letter and

statement in full name and with same date.

Returned to my BKK branch where a brilliant young lady took matters in hand by

adjusting my account name, issuing a new bank book and printing out new letter

and statement. Returned to Korat and all sorted.

Big box of chocs on the way to my BKK lady friend.

On 2/20/2024 at 10:43 AM, sirineou said:

It is,

I also dont use the monthly method. 

But when I transfer money from my US account where my pensions money is deposited.in my Wise account there is and drop down window . where you chose the reason for transfer. There is a choice "for visa extension reason"  ot something worded as such. I alway pick this in case there is am emergency that would require that I withdraw some of my bank balance, that way I have the monthly income method  also available to me. 

That's same as do, however, Wise downloaded PDF receipts do not show the bank your money came from or the reason for the transfer.  Only the deposit information, date, amount, receiving account number.  I sent them an email a while back regarding that, they never responded.

I did my annual visa extension based on retirement last month here in Pattaya/Jomtien.  I've been doing extensions for over 15 years and this was the 1st year the IO asked me "Where does this money come from? Social security? Pension?", I said pension, they asked for a letter which I didn't have at the time, I went home, printed it out and came back later,  thankfully I start my renewal 2-3 weeks early for just such instances. 

Edited by bbko

14 hours ago, Joebuzzz said:

That's same as do, however, Wise downloaded PDF receipts do not show the bank your money came from or the reason for the transfer.  Only the deposit information, date, amount, receiving account number.  I sent them an email a while back regarding that, they never responded.

Thank you for the heads up. I have never used the monthly extension option and was not aware. I would look it up. 

When I have a problem I usually call them . They answer quick and are usually very helpful. 

On 2/20/2024 at 1:13 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

What 'anomaly' ?

On 2/20/2024 at 8:04 AM, Henryford said:

Surely many people get their pension paid into a personal account then transfer it to Thailand. So is this not acceptable to immigration? I will stick to the 800k in bank method, easy.

Immigration have been accepting this arrangement from myself and many, many others for years, ever since the demise of the embassy income letters in 2019 if I remember rightly.

15 hours ago, Joebuzzz said:

I present the PDF downloads from Wise along with letters from my pension providers. The I/O has always accepted them. AFAIK all they require is some proof of a sustainable income. Pensions fall into that category obviously. At my last extension I tried it it on and just gave them a one page listing from my HMRC tax account showing the 3 pensions that I receive. That was accepted without question.