Full steam ahead on LGBTQ rights in Thailand, new gender identity law ordered by PM

webfact

'significant part of the population' surly you're not serious here, how many of the 72 millions 

Thai citizens are  of the LGBTQ persuasion that you're calling them 'significant part"?

For all we know maybe he's or others close to him are somehow connected to the LGBTQ comunity that

he's pushing so hard to legalise now...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Millions? Just how many gay people do you think exist in Thailand?? and out of them what percentage would actually consider marriage AND have a partner who would too? I have no problem with gay marriage, but I don't think it's an urgent immediate national priority. I don't know if that's part of the law, but talking about "recognizing all genders" is worrisome because we know how crazy that turned out in the west. Thailand ladyboys are at least sane - they know they are men - no illusions like the psycho ones in the states who look like a man in a dress, insist you address them as "ma'am", and will attack you like a man if challenged about it.

Should only take 1 day to change the marriage laws. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure he'll get as far as he'd like. Thailand is still super ultra-conservative.

The Senate will probably not approve much beyond the Democratic Party's position: 

The Democrats are pledging to make it easier for the LGBTQ+ community to hold Pride festivals and other events in public spaces. They are also pledging to work to prevent all types of sexual harassment and bullying, and ensure that all genders will have equal rights.

The party will also encourage media outlets to report on the community without bias.

MoveForward was by far the most progressive on this issue.

PTP less so.  Pheu Thai also supports marriage equality. It says it will promote Thailand as a global destination for LGBTQ+ tourists to stimulate tourism. It will also draft a guidebook and create an online platform to promote the rights of LGBTQ+ people.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/politics/40027525

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

This man has his priorities all out of whack, i can think of dozens other much more important issues to take

care off concerning most Thai people but he pushes for LGBTQ rights to 'advance rapidly'...

He is following the orders from his globalist bosses after his little trip to the World Economic Forum meeting in Davos, last month.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

Again promises, but as Thailand is the first country that want to have the same sex marriage for already at least 10 years, nothing will happen as there too many conservatists in the government. Taiwan  and Nepal has already the same sex marriage, so Thailand will not be the first anymore. Promoting committees yes, decisions and actions no

First in Asean.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

So equal rights is woke?

That's what's messed up about the so called anti woke movement.

All it's evolved to mean is everything they don't like. 

It's a pejorative. They ignore the meaning of the word entirely because the word is anathema to their world view of racism and bigotry.