Famous?

pokoal2000

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once made the headlines of the "Saturday Advertiser" for rescuing a child who was being attacked by a viscious stingray

Not impressed bronco, if it had been truly heroic you would have made the Sunday Mail.

My first wife was a Purcell and therefore related to the Tudors, including the abbreviated Anne Boleyn and Elizabeth the First.

The sceadugengen of course are fantastical beasts closely related to the Jabberwock, my beamish boys. (And girls). We emphatically deny any connection with the frumious Bandersnatch though.

Edited by sceadugenga

One of my buddies tried to kill Bob Dylan....he idolized him, met him in a bar, and after asking politely if he might shake the hand of his lifelong idol......got a response of..(insert annoyed nasal voice)....."Who the fukc are you ?"

He snapped. My peace loving hippie friend snapped. My non-violent vegetarian friend grabbed Bob Dylan's throat and started squeezing the life out of him.

It took five guys to get him off.

I still say "Who the fukc are you?" every time I see him. :o

Must have inspired The Who's "Who Are You" song.

I had my first pint with Ian Botham and Len Bond (the awesomely famous goal keeper for Exeter City...) who both used to drink in my uncle's pub in Somerset.

But perhaps the one that will remain with me till I die is when I met Sandra Bullock at the Red Lion pub in Mayfair. She was promoting Speed 2 back in 1997. I had just had my interview for the job that brought me to Thailand. She had been jogging and was wearing black cycling shorts.

She was standing in front of me ordering a Cornish pasty for lunch. She turned around and smiled, I smiled back, her minders and co-star looked menacingly at me. We sat down and ate lunch, at our respective tables and never spoke, we didn't need to. Well at least that's how I like to remember it! :D:o

Must admit, i've worked on a few Hollywood movies made in Thailand.

Let's have look, Dolph Lundgren (Men of War) Jean Claude Van Damme and Kylie Minogue (Streetfighter), Christopher Lambert (Mortal Combat) etc..etc...

I have had the awful privilege of working with one idiot Takuya Kimura, one of Japan's biggest stars (2046). Got stacks a literally death threats via his fan clubs when i took the piss out of the guy on my website. As for Hong Kong, i found their famed director Wong Kar-Wai to be a bit of a weird guy too (2046).

Let's have look, Dolph Lundgren (Men of War) Jean Claude Van Damme and Kylie Minogue (Streetfighter), Christopher Lambert (Mortal Combat) etc..etc...

I have had the awful privilege of working with one idiot Takuya Kimura, one of Japan's biggest stars (2046). Got stacks a literally death threats via his fan clubs when i took the piss out of the guy on my website. As for Hong Kong, i found their famed director Wong Kar-Wai to be a bit of a weird guy too (2046).

what 'bout your local thai lakorn? not worth mentioning here? maybe some dude's misus' wants to know... :o

what 'bout your local thai lakorn? not worth mentioning here? maybe some dude's misus' wants to know... :o

Yeah, i been a main actor on 3 Thai TV Soap Operas etc. etc... so i met a lotta famous Thai actors and actress. I used to date the leading actress of one of those soap operas....now that is one claim to fame!!

I spoke with Bird Thongchai Mc Intyre on the set of (2046) too. I also put on a show for Princess Ubolratana.

Interesting farangs i have met in Thailand have been Roger Crutchley, the unforgettable James Eckardt and even Thailand's beloved Andrew Biggs!

I heard that Suggs (from Madness) lives in or near Pattaya

Yes, I do.

I mean, yes he does. :o

Cool. I saw Madness live last Friday night at the Newmarket Races. I was working in the VIP boxes right across the stage. Got all the staff out dancing in the mud - Madness style! - as they played all their famous tunes for an hour or so.

Loads-o-fun!

P.S. I was a translator for Angela Merkel till she got promoted.

Does this count?

######, that's quite cool!

Angela Merkel is not only smart, she also has sharp eyes to spot a talent person like you 'Qwertz'. Not only you know several languages, you also very intelligent. Your threads always make sense to me.

Why, thank you T, you make a lot of sense too.

I translated her letters to Rudi Giuliani and Hilary Clinton too and one to GW Bush, but he never answered.

Guess she can afford English lessons now; she never sends me Xmas cards.

Does this count?

Angela Merkel is not only smart, she also has sharp eyes to spot a talent person like you 'Qwertz'. Not only you know several languages, you also very intelligent. Your threads always make sense to me.

I translated her letters to Rudi Giuliani and Hilary Clinton too and one to GW Bush, but he never answered.

Does this count?

Qwert, Rudy's been my hero since the 9/11. I was living in NY at that time. So I had witnessed all the things that Rudy had done tremendous to this great city.

I had decided to vote for him since the day one when he enters the presidential race. Americans need the strong leader who doesn't sway easily by the critics. Here is a man who truely loves his country.

Don't worry about not getting her xmas card. How about coming for a traditional turkey dinner on xmas eve at our house? This is a real invitation from your forum buddy in Florida.

Jean Claude Van Damme and Kylie Minogue (Streetfighter)

Not to tarnish your record, which is quite impressive, but that movie was so terrible that it almost ruined my childhood. :o