Famous?

pokoal2000

I was on the evening news being interviewed by a television news crew explaining why there was an explosion at our nuclear physics research lab. Got a letter of commendation from the university president for 'defusing' the situation. :o

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm famous for being able to drink every thiavisa member i've ever met under the table.

I also snogged Lisa Stansfield back in 1990.

now that's a challenge I cant let pass :o

I had a thing for singers too.

Very brief romances with Lynn Bolger of the New Seekers and Elkie Brooks.

Both romances were summarily terminated by their parents; can't think why.

Okay, I admit to being a bit of rogue in those days; I've quietened down some since then.

Anyway, does this count as fame?

BTW, I also stole girlfriends from Wayne Fontana and Graham Nash; they were fun.

^One of our former gay subforum mods, the late Chris Perry, was a colleague of Patrick Stewart's (he was Captain Picard, not Captain Kirk incidentally) in the Royal Shakespeare Company.

I stand corrected, it was of course Captain Picard. But on the subject of the Royal Shakespeare Company, my next door neighbor in Oxfordshire also trained at the RSC and also knew Patrick Stewart. My neighbor went on to become a newspaper columnist, Peter Tory. Peter used to throw some wonderful weekend parties where all the great and the good from Fleet Street would attend and I would sit and listen to stories about Robert Maxwell and how Dianna was using the press. Amongst the assembled was Anne Robinson, before she hit the big time and whilst she was still a hack - boy is she short or is she short.

Must admit, i've worked on a few Hollywood movies made in Thailand.

Jean Claude Van Damme and Kylie Minogue (Streetfighter)

Not to tarnish your record, which is quite impressive, but that movie was so terrible that it almost ruined my childhood. :o

Agreed!

Kickboxer - his first movie - was great and then Van Damme did a second one - a somewhat true story about a big Martial Arts contest in Taiwan, then it was all downhill from there.

So it looks like Thailand is the place for nearly famous, hasbeens and wannabes.

This ain't the cliché thread Squirty. :o

Must admit, i've worked on a few Hollywood movies made in Thailand.

Jean Claude Van Damme and Kylie Minogue (Streetfighter)

Not to tarnish your record, which is quite impressive, but that movie was so terrible that it almost ruined my childhood. :D

Agreed!

Kickboxer - his first movie - was great and then Van Damme did a second one - a somewhat true story about a big Martial Arts contest in Taiwan, then it was all downhill from there.

Bonus points for guessing which now very famous black actor had an early role as an FBI agent in Kickboxer?

Agreed btw.

Still, I wouldn't kick (PTP) Kylie out of my bed.

Might even let her box me around a bit.

I'm getting my coat already!

:D

I was very well known in the early Sixties in the West End of London.

Every copper in the place knew my face and would stop for a chat - ask me where I was going, what I was doing and what was in that bag?

But such is the price of fame .......

:o

I'm famous on Phuket ... for what it's worth! :D

of course - khall and i were on the telly together in phuket! how could i forget that?

I have it on the highest authority..........ex head of criminal intelligence in county of....................in UK that one of members of TV and a regular poster is a very high ranking master criminal. On a lighter note I once worked in a hotel and did some work for Tommy Cooper. When he left he made great show of thanking me for my efforts and pressed what felt like a folded twenty pound note into my hot little hand saying "Have a drink on me son" Pleased as punch I waved him an enthusiastic farewell. When I unclenched my fist as his limo disappeared into the distance I found I had a tea bag.

Edited by ratchabuild

my sister inlaws uncle was the guy who drew the cartoon series Captian Pugwash and it was his joke that the BBC didnt get for years calling one of the crew master bates , when they did realise the program was stopped ,

also i have played football at west ham with jeremy kyle couple of years ago when my Ex took her brat on his show

my sister inlaws uncle was the guy who drew the cartoon series Captian Pugwash and it was his joke that the BBC didnt get for years calling one of the crew master bates , when they did realise the program was stopped ,

Utter bollux! Try using Google. Below is from one of the many sites that disputes this common urban myth.

"The Captain Pugwash cartoon, which originally ran on the BBC between 1958 and 1967, is widely believed to have featured characters with risqué maritime names such as Master Bates, Seaman Staines, and Roger the Cabin Boy. In fact, the crew of the famous Black Pig ship included sailors with no such names: present on board were Master Mate, Tom the Cabin Boy, and Pirates Barnabas and Willy. (No character with the designation of 'Seaman' appeared in the show.) Series creator John Ryan successfully won retractions and settlements from the Sunday Correspondent and the Guardian after both newspapers claimed that the show's characters did indeed have smutty names, and that the BBC had taken it off the air as a result".

Edited by Sir Burr

of course - khall and i were on the telly together in phuket! how could i forget that?

I have it on the highest authority..........ex head of criminal intelligence in county of....................in UK that one of members of TV and a regular poster is a very high ranking master criminal. On a lighter note I once worked in a hotel and did some work for Tommy Cooper. When he left he made great show of thanking me for my efforts and pressed what felt like a folded twenty pound note into my hot little hand saying "Have a drink on me son" Pleased as punch I waved him an enthusiastic farewell. When I unclenched my fist as his limo disappeared into the distance I found I had a tea bag.

i can assure you, ratchabuild, that the person you are referring to, although not known to me, is certainly not khall or myself. i, speaking as an individual, not a moderator, would appreciate it if comments like this were not made on a public forum.

i can assure you, ratchabuild, that the person you are referring to, although not known to me, is certainly not khall or myself. i, speaking as an individual, not a moderator, would appreciate it if comments like this were not made on a public forum.

Ouch! I thought that the 'master criminal' reference was tongue-in-cheek, maybe could have done with a smilie. Unless you know something we don't Donna :o

I believe the great Tommy Cooper pulled the tea-bag stunt on many occasions, much to the annoyance of porters, doormen etc. :D

I dictated the proletariat during the 30s, 40s and 50s. It was a tough job, but someone had to do it; particularly after Ilyich left things in such a kerfuffle.

I arranged for an icepick to be put Lev's skull while he was hiding in Mexico.

Von Ribbentrop pulled a fast one on me, but I made amends a few years later.

My best mate was Beria.

I dictated the proletariat during the 30s, 40s and 50s. It was a tough job, but someone had to do it; particularly after Ilyich left things in such a kerfuffle.

I arranged for an icepick to be put Lev's skull while he was hiding in Mexico.

Von Ribbentrop pulled a fast one on me, but I made amends a few years later.

My best mate was Beria.

You must also be the guy who had my great grandfather (a land baron knighted by the czar) led out to the horse barn and shot; forcing my then 18 year old grandfather to flee for his life eventually becoming an immigrant farmer in Canada.

Hope the land of smiles has taken the edge off. It’s good you’ve taken up golf. :o

I used to mechanic for my mate, Alan Barnett, who was British Motorcycle road racing 350cc champion in 1969, and also came 2nd to Giacomo Agostini in the Isle of Man TT. In those days I was on speaking terms with such greats as Mike Hailwood, Phil Read, Bill Ivy, Agostini, etc, but I was just a poor spannerman!

We used to have to use our holidays from work to go to the TT and pay our own way, and any prize money didn't cover expenses. Just compare that with todays heavily sponsored MotoGP and Word Superbike racing.

I also ran the Bolton Marathon alongside Peter Duncan (Blue Peter presenter), but I hit "the wall" after about 21 miles, so he cleared off and left me to walk to the finish. He was about 20 years younger than me at the time!

I once had a dance with Bernadette Nolan (lead singer of The Nolans and recently starring in The Bill) in the Flagship Bar in Blackpool and later she introduced me to two of her sisters, Linda and Maureen, that Maureen was gorgeous!! Ufortunately my wife was with me at the time!!

But me? I'm not famous, I'm just an old git enjoying retirement in Korat with nothing better to do than read ThaiVisa.com