Famous?

pokoal2000

attended the same northern nj private school with brooke shields,mira sorvino and both of alan alda's daughters.met john travolta who came from the next town over through his brother joey who was dating dick shawns's daughter who also attended my school.spent one year at the same massachusetts boarding school as the bushes,jfk jr,humphrey bogart,peter sellars,edgar rice burroughs,etc. lived one block from mickey rooney and george benson lived a few blocks over.

met whitney houston who lived in my mother's building before her marriage and now jay-z has two penthouses in her building.we all know him well and i have been alone with a friendly beyonce knowles in an elevator in the building twice in the last year.met leonardo dicaprio and benicio del toro through a sister who sold them paintings when she worked with christies auction house.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once made the headlines of the "Saturday Advertiser" for rescuing a child who was being attacked by a viscious stingray

Although I didn't make the (Thai) headlines I'm happy to have saved 2 lives on Chaweng beach/Samui, back in '91; they almost drowned. The first was my ex-gf, the second a Thai boy in a white T-shirt (strange, I'll never forget that detail), both were swimming too far out.

Than... :D ...I almost drowned myself and was rescued by a brave Thai guy who took the initiative to form a chain of people...but couldn't reach me. The undercurrent was so strong and I was completely out of breath and strength; but they made it and saved me. Thank God & Buddha.

My rescuer was a young Thai from Bangkok, just married, on his honeymoontrip... :o

He was a true Hero ! Famous or not.....he also absolutely refused ANY form of reward, offered by myself.

Bless him :D

LaoPo

Sounds like there were a FEW true Heroes that day! :D

Sounds like everyone should have stayed out of the water.

once made the headlines of the "Saturday Advertiser" for rescuing a child who was being attacked by a viscious stingray

Although I didn't make the (Thai) headlines I'm happy to have saved 2 lives on Chaweng beach/Samui, back in '91; they almost drowned. The first was my ex-gf, the second a Thai boy in a white T-shirt (strange, I'll never forget that detail), both were swimming too far out.

Than... :bah: ...I almost drowned myself and was rescued by a brave Thai guy who took the initiative to form a chain of people...but couldn't reach me. The undercurrent was so strong and I was completely out of breath and strength; but they made it and saved me. Thank God & Buddha.

My rescuer was a young Thai from Bangkok, just married, on his honeymoontrip... :o

He was a true Hero ! Famous or not.....he also absolutely refused ANY form of reward, offered by myself.

Bless him :D

LaoPo

Sounds like there were a FEW true Heroes that day! :D

Sounds like everyone should have stayed out of the water.

True, but how can you tell if there are no warnings, signs or anything that would warn about dangerous undercurrents...

Only later, I found out it was full moon that night and the time of the swimming was around 6.45/7.00 PM and it was getting dark... :D

Anyway, all survived. :D

LaoPo

• 3 months later...

I have 1,140 results refering specifically to me in Google..... plus some Wilkipedia entries...

Other useless facts:

- I was a DJ on one of the offshore pirate radio stations in the 1970s

- My middle brother (who was a Cambridge Cosmology post-graduate), was the 'mouthpiece' for Professor Steve Hawkins after he lost his power of speech

- My father was Churchill's personal coder/decoder of messages during the Nurenberg trials

- My eldest brother is the boyfriend of Kate Bush

- I worked for 15 years as a rocket scientist

- I wrote an Artificial Intelligence 'chatbot' that provided the sexchat sessions on sms text messaging (and you thought it was a real woman...)

- I set up and managed a UK satellite TV station single-handedly

Time to go :o

Simon

I have 1,140 results refering specifically to me in Google..... plus some Wilkipedia entries...

Other useless facts:

- My middle brother (who was a Cambridge Cosmology post-graduate), was the 'mouthpiece' for Professor Steve Hawkins after he lost his power of speech

- My father was Churchill's personal coder/decoder of messages during the Nurenberg trials

- I wrote an Artificial Intelligence 'chatbot' that provided the sexchat sessions on sms text messaging (and you thought it was a real woman...)

Time to go :D

Simon

1. Was that on the Veronica ship ? :D

2. Just a few days ago there was a program on tele about her; is she divorced now or is that him ? see 3rd sentence: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Bush#1995.E2.80.93present

3. are you serious ? :o if so: WOW!

You certainly have enough material to write an Encyclopedia... :D

LaoPo

Other useless facts:

Time to go :o

Simon

Oh well if that counts. www.avsim.com umpteem downloads for files for FS 2009 by Stephen Croft

LaoPo, Veronica was a few years earlier. I was on a rust-bucket called Radio Delmare

No, she is not divorced but erhum . . . she has had a BF for many years who (apparently) is my eldest brother (shhhhh)

Yes, I really was a rocket-scientist! I got an MSc in Microwave Communications from University College, London and spent my primary working career designing rocket communication systems. I worked for many companies, including Marconi, Aerospatial, Alcatel, Matra, British Aerospace, European Space Agency etc. Forgotten it all now....

Simon

I'm certainly not famous but my mothers cousin is Shusha Guppy who is married to Nicholas Guppy they are famous in there own right. There son Darius is more infamous (google him) than famous and Lechmere Guppy (who the fish is named after) is also in the family.

Edited by Chloe82

LaoPo, Veronica was a few years earlier. I was on a rust-bucket called Radio Delmare

No, she is not divorced but erhum . . . she has had a BF for many years who (apparently) is my eldest brother (shhhhh)

Yes, I really was a rocket-scientist! I got an MSc in Microwave Communications from University College, London and spent my primary working career designing rocket communication systems. I worked for many companies, including Marconi, Aerospatial, Alcatel, Matra, British Aerospace, European Space Agency etc. Forgotten it all now....

Simon

simon43 Wow..!! it's true...

I once lasted for two balls against an up and coming fast bowler in a school cricket match. He later went on to take 16 wickets in a single test match against England.

I also know a girl who played a dead body in the film "Freddy vs Jason. :o

I played in a football team with three murderers. One convicted, two who got away with it. We did really well in the league, often winning by default. The other team simply would't turn up, never could figure out why ???

aren't they infamous ?

I met a thai girl whom i married that had never set foot in a bar, 15 years uni educated, writing a novel..in English! makes more money than me and pays for everything and is currently building me a house IN MY NAME so there :o makes me famous 4 sure

I also know a girl who played a dead body in the film "Freddy vs Jason. :D

A girl or a woman? Or do you just refer to woman as girls? If so, do you refer to men as boys also?

What a strange little person you are. :o

Not that I feel the need to make explainations to you, but I frequently refer to men I know as "boys".

I think you need to sort out other, obvious, problems of your own before you get all excited about terms I use for my friends.

I was thinking of using this emoticon right now :D but, it's probably a little too gender specific for you to get the message.

A girl or a woman? Or do you just refer to woman as girls? If so, do you refer to men as boys also?

Not that I feel the need to make explainations to you, but I frequently refer to men I know as "boys".

I think you need to sort out other, obvious, problems of your own before you get all excited about terms I use for my friends.

I was thinking of using this emoticon right now :D but, it's probably a little too gender specific for you to get the message.

Thanks for the answer comprised mainly of insults to a perfectly honest question.

i went to school with john citern ex chelsea player ,leyton orient manager ,he's now a black cab driver..

David Speedy (Chelsea/Liverpool footballer) was my doubles pool partner in Camberley, Surrey, while he was playing for Chelsea reserves over 20 years ago.

Thanks for the answer comprised mainly of insults to a perfectly honest question.

Guys and Girls. Do women say that they are going out with the women on friday night, or do they say they are going out with the girls on friday night? I know that we have boy's night out.

What a strange little person you are. :D

Guys and Girls. Do women say that they are going out with the women on friday night, or do they say they are going out with the girls on friday night? I know that we have boy's night out.

"You Go Girl!" oops "You Go Woman!"

:o

Perhaps Chloe, you could take a poll in the Ladies Only forum on the exact moment a girl becomes a woman and on what occassions it is appropriate to use both terms. Then come back to us gentlemen (waiting with bated breath) with the verdict so we can endevour to be appropriate at all times in the world according to Chloe!

This light hearted thread is probably not the best place to assert your views on this important issue. :D