Current postal time for mail from DWP to Thailand?

Last year, mail sent by the DWP via postnl was taking up to 20 weeks to arrive in Thailand according to many reports. I sent them an e-mail explaining why this is ridiculous in June or July, especially for proof of life certificates, and they said they'd look into it. Has anyone found that mail from DWP is now arriving more quickly, and if so how fast? Did they stop using the hopeless postnl service?

The reason for my current interest is that I want to claim a Dutch state pension for the 7 years I spent working there. That becomes due at the end of May, and so I sent a query via the IPC portal a few weeks ago. They just got back to me saying that they're sending me form CFN 901 by snail mail to make the claim, even though I specifically asked for an electronic version. If it's still taking 4-5 months for mail to arrive here, then that's not likely to arrive until mid-year, and I'd like them to submit the claim to the Dutch AOW before the end of May, ideally. If the mail delivery time is much better than last year then I won't worry, otherwise I'll ask them again to send me a printable version of CFN 901 by e-mail.

Alternatively, if anyone has a scanned copy of CFN 901 or knows where to download a copy (I looked but couldn't find it) then that would be great too.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We are a country of pushing 70 million people, and one of the top ten economies in the world.

Why on earth do we have to rely on The Netherlands ( for whom I have a lot of time) for our international postal system?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

We are a country of pushing 70 million people, and one of the top ten economies in the world.

Why on earth do we have to rely on The Netherlands ( for whom I have a lot of time) for our international postal system?

Why on earth do they have to rely on snail mail? My occupational pensions are worth far more and the provider sends out a proof of life certificate by e-mail every 3 years or so, and you have 6 months to return it. Now that's what I call reasonable. The DWP is a joke, but I shall get my revenge as I'm in the process of registering as an Overseas Voter again. The new legislation is effective now so no matter how long you've lived abroad you can still vote in general elections and referendums. Once I'm in the system, I shall  pester my MP to ask the Secretary of State what in the name of all that's holy is going on with the DWP, at least he will if he wants my vote, lol. The government has given us the power to help vote them out, let's use it to help our cause as abused and ignored British pensioners living overseas.

Edited by Guderian
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Why on earth do they have to rely on snail mail? My occupational pensions are worth far more and the provider sends out a proof of life certificate by e-mail every 3 years or so, and you have 6 months to return it.

They claim that Email is not secure.

The Army send out a statement for my Army Pension every year. Last years (April) had been opened at Suvarnabhumi Mail Centre ( it had been resealed with a sticker telling me that it had been opened). Written on the back of the envelope, in Thai script was a brief summary of what I received, annual and monthly. So much for the security of mail!

Good luck with your efforts to make them accountable. They are civil servants. Back along (30 years ago) when the Army received its "new rifle", it was known amongst the troops as the "civil servant"  as it rarely worked and couldn't be fired!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 1