Do some People have no concept of Noise?

40 minutes ago, bob smith said:

t’s the same thing every night in our building.

hordes of Russian families together in the common area,

No it isn't. But we do love a good Russian bash.

Let's see some photos.

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

They are slamming doors now and one has just punched the wall outside my room.

i think he may be drunk.

when are they going home to join their comrades on the frontline?

bob.

You got to man up and confront the ruskie rascal. Report back.

• Haha 1

I noticed similar unruly behaviour once when I was staying in Goa, India, on one of my world travels. My apartment block was full of twentysomething Russians who would sit outside their rooms in the stairwell and party on the steps. Unfortunately, due to the confined stairwell space, the acoustics of their boisterous behaviour was amplified even further by the ceramic wall tiles and concrete steps. Not once did they consider doing it on their balconies or by the swimming pool. No, it was always in the stairwell with a much greater acoustic range than had it been done out in the open. Of course, sometimes I'd tell them to zip it but they're Russians, so by nature they're ill-mannered and discourteous, and would continue on regardless. 

You have my sympathy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

They are slamming doors now and one has just punched the wall outside my room.

i think he may be drunk.

when are they going home to join their comrades on the frontline?

bob.

Mark Twain's description of the effect of old age on his own mental acuity applies here as well: “When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not; but my faculties are decaying now and soon I shall be so I cannot remember any but the things that never happened.”

• Like 2

5 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

South Americans are just as arrogant, I think even worse than Russian 

What have South Americans got to do with it? I am talking specifically about Russians here.

• Like 1

Friend in Jomtien moved from his poolside condo 2nd floor to opposite side. 8th floor.

The noise by the Russians was too much.

And that was at least 6 years ago.

He speaks some Russian. So no sceptical questions please.

Edited by KhunBENQ

They are making their own rules from what I can see, An old guy I bump into occasionally he must live in one of the soi's near me, he has been asking for advice recently, he has a 2 bedroom pool villa for rent, he has rented it out to 4 Russians I think he lives next door and he was telling me now there is 12 people there, partying every night and having sex around the pool, very noisy and now the neighbours are kicking off, he's asking me what can he do, he said he has called the agent who is supposed to look after the place and they are not interested, I think it's time to call the police before one of your neighbours does. the other thing he said was they are coming and going all night long on their bikes, 

• Agree 1

I have the same problem in the estate I live in in Hua Hin.

All was well until Putin invaded Ukraine, then some Russians started moving into rental properties in the estate.

A couple of loud roof-top parties until 2-3 am.

One family has a very very loud big bike which is loud enough to wake me up when the rider returns home in the early hours of the morning.

Close by my house is a restaurant with a pool table - loud Russians shouting as they eat and drink is bad enough, but what is worse is their kids bouncing pool balls on the pool table.

Of course, they may not be Russians, but they are clearly speaking Russian.

Basically zero consideration of others.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2