Thaivisa Cliches

November Rain

Agree with comments such as the tired old Thai and western stereotypes and DEF agree with disliking how cruel and downright nasty some people can get.

A bugbear is people who dont seem to use the search function and post an almost identical question as someone who posted a week or so ago.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If you don't like it go home"

People obviously do like as they are not at "home".

People should be able to point out things that annoy them or make others aware of dangers or even be able comment on the differences of living here compared to home.

Imagine the equvilant of this board in London. It would be full of Thais complaing about rude people, expense, the weather, transport, chavs, street violence etc etc. And quite right of them to do so (im sure most english would agree with them).

the " i'm about to retire to thailand and want to know if i can ship over me old socks and dentures without customs charges." posts.

:o:D I like this one!

Rue Fang, What's "MTG"? Been puzzling over that one. I don't think I've heard it before.

OC, There are no posts describing men as mysoginists - only ones describing mysoginists as mysoginists :D :D

-Thailand's economy is on the verge of collapsing.

-the boys and girls in Bank of Thailand are all morons.

-Thai Baht soon 25!

-Thai Baht soon 55!

-let's leave Thailand and move to Malaysia, the Philippines, Panama, Brazil...

-yesterday my thai girlfriend asked me again for money.

-best english breakfast 85 km north-east of Buriram please.

-xenophobia allover. WE FARANGS HAVE TO LEAVE!

-Thais hate me even though they smile at me.

-HELP! my boomerang won't come back.

-are you picking your teeth just now? what toothpick brand do you use?

-the baht bus mafia cheated me out of a bowl of rice.

:o

A mods mood can determine if a thread goes or stays

If you state your view and its not the same as the OP`s your opinion is invalid and nonsense

How some know Thai culture better then the Thai people

How many ways can the question be asked about getting a Thai visa and circumventing the rules and regulations

Why do Thai people do things so differently

Why cant some use google or such and do a search before asking some of the questions I have seen

Not all questions are related to Thailand but more so to specific groups that turn into either love ins or hate fests.

people who don't read the rules before posting and then complain when they get in trouble for breaking them :o

5) Discussion of moderation issues, actions or moderation policies concerning individual cases are not allowed in the forums. Such comments should be directed to a moderator or administrator, and not discussed on the forum.

lets keep it clean boys and girls :D

The "YOUTUBE is BACK!" threads annoy me a tad, only because i check and its always a false alarm. Still miss it. :D

the " i'm about to retire to thailand and want to know if i can ship over me old socks and dentures without customs charges." posts.

:o:D I like this one!

Rue Fang, What's "MTG"? Been puzzling over that one. I don't think I've heard it before.

OC, There are no posts describing men as mysoginists - only ones describing mysoginists as mysoginists :D :D

Nor me. Cant figure it out.

Edited by eek

:D:D I like this one!

OC, There are no posts describing men as mysoginists - only ones describing mysoginists as mysoginists :D:D

sorry..guess I should get it right if I'm complaining about it!! TGF?? My Thai Girlfriend :o

let's get this straight. the correct spelling is misogynist. OK?

Pedants, know-it-alls and those who thrive on one-upmanship :o:D

people who amass post counts of 2000 in their first three months of membership

OC, There are no posts describing men as mysoginists - only ones describing mysoginists as mysoginists :D:D

I dont like OP, MTG,OC and any others sometimes Im there "scratchin me ead" trying to work them out.

Im just waiting for a whole post using these and no other words :o

Posts that actively seek to cover up problems, mislead or deny others the right to an opinion

Posts by people who have clearly lost touch with reality

Posts by people who, unable to offer a coherent argument, resort to personal abuse

Posts from expats, eager to sell their own services, denegrating the ability of Thais to do the same job

Edited by GuestHouse

OC, There are no posts describing men as mysoginists - only ones describing mysoginists as mysoginists :bah::o

I dont like OP, MTG,OC and any others sometimes Im there "scratchin me ead" trying to work them out.

Im just waiting for a whole post using these and no other words :o

OK HYG HYH

:D:D:bah:

okay here ya go hope your happy ;)

Nothing much bothers me , but it is now helped by Maestro who is editing people who post

and quote the complete text of the original post. Completely pointless to re-quote what you are already

looking at and replying to. Thank you Maestro.

Somewhat similarly infuriating as people who actually speak pronunciation marks when they are in conversation.

i.e. That is ( to say )

e.g. For example

I used to do it when I worked in yuppie-land, and we used TLA's all the time... 3 letter abbreviation :D

Curse of the IT world in the 20th Century.

P.S. I had to look up misogynist, and then I had to look up misanthrope :o

#1 When people say sinsod is just another way for Thai girls to rip off farangs. I've been to three Issan weddings in the boonies between thai-thai and sinsod was paid every time. In fact, at each of the weddings I was the only farang present. Perhaps it's an Issan-wide conspiracy to set me up for the kill? :o

#2 When people call you a 'wimp' (or whatever) when you offer a different opinion or when they say something like "you wouldn't say that to my face"......puhleeeeeeeez.......it's a difference of opinion..... :D

#3 When people live in an area where there are murders/assualts/scams on a regular basis and they try to convince themselves/others how great a place it is......... :D

When people reply to a post with absolute or apparent authority and experience on a subject, but the perception from their replied post clearly suggests otherwise.

No body can know what they don’t know, and a little knowledge is often very dangerous!

Edited by richard_smith237

Bugs me the most when people too easily accuse the other poster of being a troll. The most tried and trusted trolling technique is accusing the other poster of being a troll. True, sometimes people describe situations that seem improbable, or maybe the post seems so naive that it is hard to believe the poster is genuine. But unless it is very, very obvious, I prefer to give somebody the benefit of the doubt.

I know more Thai culture than you threads.

If you're not fluent in Thai you don't deserve an opinion threads.

One sided, mob threads.

Endless why is the baht up / down, I'm an expert on it / you know nothing threads.

(but, actually everyone has a right to leave the thread if they don't like the subject matter)

My most hated - mods please close this thread because I don't personally like it.

People who show the depth of their sincerity by typing RIP instead of rest in reace!

is it so difficult?

:o

Guilty as charged “Me Lord”.

I “rest my case”.

Kan Win :D