Thaivisa Cliches

November Rain

Endless posts about what a GREAT investment property is in Thailand.

Endless posts about what a BAD investment property is in Thailand.

Usually on the same threads :D

A presumption that Farang have certain "rights" in Thailand, just because in our own countries we allow in any old tom, dick and harry and shower them with "rights".

A belief that allowing Foreigners to buy up large chunks of property in Thai would be an "Investment" not just "speculation" and this would somehow be only a good thing for the Thai people.

An attitude that treats everything that Thais and Asians do when interacting with Farang as acceptable, because it is in the mysterious East. It's Thailand, not f##king Mars :o ..........If you feel like you are getting the shitty end of the stick when interacting with the locals, it's because you are.......and it isn't just because the person you are dealing with is Thai.

Over use of the Quote Function :D:D

I am sure their are more things :D:bah:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The "I'm a broke loser from my home country, how much does it take for me to retire to Thailand and live like a cheap bastard" threads.

Any thread where unqualified people make predictions (aka exchange rates, property market, etc.)

edit: also any thread that reads "Thai men are..." or "Thai women are...." or "Why are Thai men/women....."

also any ex-military stud-guy thread claiming that he could kick a thai's ass if it wasn't always a mob fight... or any ex-military-type thread in general.

also any thread that says "my TG" or "my thai wife" or any thread that begins with "I've been dating my TG for x weeks and...."

Edited by teejay

"That white men living in Thailand with a Thai wife aren't able to get a girlfriend or wife in their own country."

For me the cliche is 50 year olds guys claiming they can get a 20 year old girl friend in the Uk or where ever they came from.

They can; it's just costs them a lot more than in LOS. :o

The throwaway comment "This is Thailand (TIT)" is one

AND

"We are just guests here!" (Spoken by a Farang)

Wrong! going off that assumption we are all guests on planet earth!

Cool....

Show me your Earth Passport, I've never seen one.

Actually thats another one that annoys me, "I'm a Citizen of Planet Earth"

Thaivisa Cliches, What are the threads or responses that make you see red?

1)Transgender /Gay /Les /Bi are bashed with nothing.

Please scope on an individual person , Thanks ...(some straights are worse than GBLT)

2) Farang women are nothing ,just fat lard arse and useless

Edited by BambinA

Posts which begin with....."I´ve just heard what could be a detonation outside my window but neither Thai TV nor CNN has reported on it yet"..........followed by "....nothing on BBC either....."......... "Could be yet another coup and no-one is reporting on it.........".............and it turns out that the next door neighbour farted............. :o

QUOTE(SiamSquare123 @ 2007-07-23 23:32:52) *

"That white men living in Thailand with a Thai wife aren't able to get a girlfriend or wife in their own country."

For me the cliche is 50 year olds guys claiming they can get a 20 year old girl friend in the Uk or where ever they came from.

Wasn't me; mine is 18 years old.

:o

btw, you tardos never read past the first page. no one ever responds to posts in the middle probably because most of you are too old and dont really get how the internet works or something. uh. old people are everywhere on this website. i can just see some of you with the long noses and hair coming out of your ears.

People who lie consistently on their posts, despite posting info earlier that evidently contradicts what they have posted later

Oh and to the other brigade counting the percentage of thai men in thailand for sex etc...

someone said only about 1& of women come to thailand for sex.

But let's take some (several) african countries:

About 40% of women go to these for sex. Apparently has something to do with endowments of a central african average male being more attractive to a woman than the average thai male.

SO same same, but different countries.

Right.

Said my (cod)[piece.

What do the other 60% go for?

Same thing. They just lie about it. :D

Posts from MTW,SBK & November Rain- all girls aloud, but love em!

Hmmm, that seems to be an almost complimentary putdown :D:D

Ok, I can see how you don't like MTW's posts or mine (join the club - there are loads of members! :D:o ), but what are wrong with sbk's? :D

Apologies, that was witten after a couple of beers!!. No I appreciate all your contributions, its refreshing to hear the perspective of living here from a female point of view.

Most posts seem to be from the "chaps"

People claiming (not necessarily in ThaiVisa, actually, but generally):

Any Thai person who speaks to you out in public is trying to scam you or rip you off.

Thai girls are incredibly shy and will never speak to a westerner in normal circumstances.

Thais hardly ever go to the beach, and on the rare occasions that they do they will always be fully clothed the whole time, even when they swim in the sea.

People who show the depth of their sincerity by typing RIP instead of rest in reace!

is it so difficult?

I would expect it is more acceptable to write "RIP" than "rest in reace"? If I am wrong I will take myself to one side and give myself a good talking to.