Jump to content

Asked to change my writing style: (I have no writing style. So, Mission Impossible!)


Recommended Posts

Dear Folks,

 

Some time ago, maybe today, some NITWIT sent me a PM and asked me to change my writing style.

 

 

I would most happily oblige, except that....

I, me, myself, and I, have NO writing style.

 

Asking me to change my writing style would be like asking Sir Alec to remove his White Suit.

 

According to this MEMBER, I cause affront.

 

Affront is not my intention, I can assure you.

 

It is only most of the NITWIT Farangs in Thailand that cause me affront.

 

So, anyway....

 

If you wish me to stop posting....

 

And....

 

I think that you do....

 

Then....

 

I will.

 

I will not submit my blessed scribblings where they are not appreciated.

 

And, if this makes your day.....

Then, I am very happy to have been of some service to you.

 

Best regards,...and....

As always....

 

Gamma

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Crossy said:

@GammaGlobulin we ALL have a writing style, just like we all have an accent and an <insert appropriate slang term for rectum here>.

 

I have a Bolton accent (check out Fred Dibnah on YouTube) and a "techy" writing style (it's what I've done to earn a crust for much longer than I care to remember).

 

It's all part of who we are.

 

NOTE to other members: - Personal attacks on the open forum or by PM will not be tolerated!

 

 

Dear Crossy,

 

Is this true?

 

I have heard that OldChinaHam had his own writing style.

 

But, obviously, OCH's writing style is not like mine.

 

Correct?

 

In fact, it should be possible, in a perfect world, to change writing styles....almost...

At will.

 

I have tried to do so ....

Many times.

 

Unfortunately, I have never been able to quite completely shed one persona for the next.

 

And so,  this "OCH persona" has continued to dog me, no matter how hard I have tried to rid myself of the smell of it.

 

After all...

Ham is Ham...

No matter how you slice it....

 

And, 

Some just do not like pork.

 

 

 

 

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I expect other people's posts to occasionally be random and disjointed, GG rarely disappoints me.

I think of him as a slightly dotty uncle at a family gathering, farting into the chair cushion and hoping none will contain moisture.

Sometimes, said uncle will produce a pearl of wisdom.

I wonder if GG ever saw the French film "Tante Danielle"? His postings remind me of her character.

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Crossy said:

@GammaGlobulin we ALL have a writing style, just like we all have an accent and an <insert appropriate slang term for rectum here>.

 

I have a Bolton accent (check out Fred Dibnah on YouTube) and a "techy" writing style (it's what I've done to earn a crust for much longer than I care to remember).

 

It's all part of who we are.

 

 

NOTE to other members: - Personal attacks on the open forum or by PM will not be tolerated!

 

Ah Crossy, it's from Fred  you get all your practical knowledge then. Fabulous programmes continually reshown on documentary channels. Love them. 

Me Mam were born in Breightmet.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Dear Folks,

 

Some time ago, maybe today, some NITWIT sent me a PM and asked me to change my writing style.

 

 

I would most happily oblige, except that....

I, me, myself, and I, have NO writing style.

 

Asking me to change my writing style would be like asking Sir Alec to remove his White Suit.

 

According to this MEMBER, I cause affront.

 

Affront is not my intention, I can assure you.

 

It is only most of the NITWIT Farangs in Thailand that cause me affront.

 

So, anyway....

 

If you wish me to stop posting....

 

And....

 

I think that you do....

 

Then....

 

I will.

 

I will not submit my blessed scribblings where they are not appreciated.

 

And, if this makes your day.....

Then, I am very happy to have been of some service to you.

 

Best regards,...and....

As always....

 

Gamma

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well, I think that you have a 'style' in writing, which I actually enjoy seeing in your posts

Ok ok, maybe not all, but I like your style.....

  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, sipi said:

I'll try to respond without sounding insulting.

I can just handle skipping through your posts, but your not the type of person I'd like to meet.

 

Likewise.

 

Still, IF you are Asian, then I would like to meet you.

 

If you are Farang.....then...probably...

Forget about it.

 

(All Farang with a PhD...are welcome to contact me.  SERIOUSLY.)

 

 

 

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

 

Likewise.

 

Still, IF you are Asian, then I would like to meet you.

 

If you are Farang.....then...probably...

Forget about it.

 

(All Farang with a PhD...are welcome to contact me.  SERIOUSLY.)

 

 

 

I don't have a PhD, although I did give some of them a hard time when I was working. Narrow specializations.

A good friend of mine once explained the acronym actually stood for Piled Higher and Deeper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't have a PhD, although I did give some of them a hard time when I was working. Narrow specializations.

A good friend of mine once explained the acronym actually stood for Piled Higher and Deeper.

 

Please, Sir, let us never forget....

The importance of....Benchwork.

 

Take Care!!!!!

 

 

Edited by GammaGlobulin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I hope and pray that the Gabling Gob takes your advice but unfortunately the idiot will start up again spouting forth it's usual garbage!

 

PS;  Have a look at "it's" posting times!

They do not equate to those of a normal human being that claims to be presently living in CM. 

 

I highly doubt that, if asked, you could prove, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that you are normal.

 

I mean, how could you, having grown up in a granite quarry?

 

Also, I would really like to know....

 

What is so good about Aberdeen?

 

Name just ONE THING, if you can.

 

Thank you.

 

 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, johng said:

 

It's high quality granite is "world renown"

And the Gatling Gob has been spouting forth from "it's" granite single brain cell again which explains the continuous outpouring of the verbal/keyboard 

diarrhea that spews out ad infinitum from "it"!

"It" is as solid as a rock and as useless unless you wish to bury and build something useful above it and "it" preferably underneath "it's" folly monument!

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

And the Gatling Gob has been spouting forth from "it's" granite single brain cell again which explains the continuous outpouring of the verbal/keyboard 

diarrhea that spews out ad infinitum from "it"!

"It" is as solid as a rock and as useless unless you wish to bury and build something useful above it and "it" preferably underneath "it's" folly monument!

 

 

Now I know why you follow worst joke ever.:thumbsup:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Is this true?

 

I have heard that OldChinaHam had his own writing style.

 

But, obviously, OCH's writing style is not like mine.

 

Correct?

 

In fact, it should be possible, in a perfect world, to change writing styles....almost...

At will.

 

I have tried to do so ....

Many times.

 

Unfortunately, I have never been able to quite completely shed one persona for the next.

 

And so,  this "OCH persona" has continued to dog me, no matter how hard I have tried to rid myself of the smell of it.

 

After all...

Ham is Ham...

No matter how you slice it....

 

And, 

Some just do not like pork.


Dear Gamma,

 

Ah, like a stubborn stain on the fabric of cyberspace, the specter of personas past continues to haunt thee. Indeed, the elusive pursuit of shedding one's literary skin is akin to chasing shadows in the moonlight.

 

Yet, as the wise sages of old have proclaimed, "Ham is Ham," and verily, some palates do not favor the taste of swine. Your valiant efforts to metamorphose into a new guise are commendable, though it seems the cloak of OCH hangs heavy upon thy shoulders.

 

In the grand tapestry of online discourse, each thread contributes to the rich mosaic of voices, yet perhaps, it is time for one thread to gracefully bow out, allowing the symphony to play on without discord.

 

Like a weary traveler seeking respite from the relentless march of words, consider the tranquil shores of silence, where the cacophony of keyboards is replaced by the gentle rustle of wind through the digital ether.

 

As the curtain falls on this chapter of verbosity, let us bid adieu to the quill and parchment, and embrace the serenity of the unwritten word.

 

With heartfelt regards and a whisper of farewell...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.





×
×
  • Create New...