Jump to content

Non-O retirement visa was extended, but entry stamp was not


Recommended Posts

My non-O retirement visa was due to expire on Feb 13 2024 so I renewed it in late January. The visa extension says I'm now allowed to stay until Feb 13 2025. All good. So I thought.

 

I just today noticed that the latest entry stamp on my passport (when I returned to Thailand in November) says I am permitted to stay until Feb 13 2024, and there is no supplemental mark or stamp saying that I am allowed to stay any longer than that.

 

Have I just overstayed?? Was I still supposed to leave the country before Feb 13? How does this normally work?

 

 

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, clokwise said:

there is no supplemental mark or stamp saying that I am allowed to stay any longer than that

 

6 minutes ago, clokwise said:

The visa extension says I'm now allowed to stay until Feb 13 2025

 

You're good to go, or stay in fact.

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

Perfectly normal, your entry stamp allowed you to stay

up until the expiry of your previous extension, note dates

match.

 

Your new extension allows you to stay until its expiry in

Feb 2025. Should you leave the country at any time your

entry stamp on return will show permitted to stay until

Feb 2025.

 

Note: Whenever I return always double check after 

Immigration that the correct expiry stamp is there.

 

only if entry is made using a re-entry permit

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whew! Thank you everyone.

 

This was my first time doing the renewal, wasn't sure whether I had screwed up or not. And for sure, I'll be getting the re-entry permit.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since your re entry was before your extension the only thing it could say is you where permitted to stay until the current date.  Once you did that extension that date changed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your use of "visa" and "extension" confuses me a little bit.

I recently changed from extension based on work permit to extension based on retirement.

Here is a history of that process, shown in passport photos:

 

1) I exited Thailand for Cambodia. I stayed one day in Cambodia and returned to Thailand.

     I utilized the "Visa Exempt" privilege of my US passport, getting this entry stamp in my passport:

image.jpeg.d7a6c4d3e909341e4b9e58d8a28f5334.jpeg

 

2) Before my exempt visa expired, I went to Chaeng Watthana and obtained a Non-O visa for the purpose of retirement:

 

image.jpeg.c73a27fccfb68e9b3711ca08fb041aad.jpeg

 

3) Finally, I filed my application for an "extension of stay" based on retirement, and I obtained my "extension" for one year:

 

image.jpeg.87c4e7efe021583ec8e7c82cffeb33b3.jpeg

 

Notice the critical line stating "EXTENSION OF STAY PERMITTED UP TO". In my case, until 29 Jan 2025.

 

You must have a stamp similar to this one with the critical "extension of stay permitted" line.

If you have that, then you are okay until the date stamped.

If you do not have that, then you have an issue.

 

 

  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, timendres said:

You must have a stamp similar to this one with the critical "extension of stay permitted" line.

If you have that, then you are okay until the date stamped.

If you do not have that, then you have an issue.

 

Yup, I have that stamp. Thanks. My confusion was because they did not also update my entry stamp (from the airport) to indicate I can stay longer than the expiration date of my prior Non-O visa. So according to that stamp, it looked like I had overstayed. As indicated by other people here, regardless of the "Until" date on that entry stamp, I have not overstayed.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, clokwise said:

 

Yup, I have that stamp. Thanks. My confusion was because they did not also update my entry stamp (from the airport) to indicate I can stay longer than the expiration date of my prior Non-O visa. So according to that stamp, it looked like I had overstayed. As indicated by other people here, regardless of the "Until" date on that entry stamp, I have not 

Your posts are confusing 

Post current stamp from most recent extension. 

Seems you have stamp for permission of stay till Feb 13/ 2025.

You have zero issue.

If you wish to exit and reenter Thailand you need to obtain reentry permit. 

You can do that at your immigration office or airport upon departure. 

That permit will have expiry Feb 13/2025. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Do not understand any post you have made.

Post current stamp from most recent extension. 

Simple

Posts 3 and 4 have explained his question very well. He's good to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Posts 3 and 4 have explained his question very well. He's good to go.

Your point...

My last post..

"Seems you have stamp for permission of stay till Feb 13/ 2025.

You have zero issue."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your point...

My last post..

"Seems you have stamp for permission of stay till Feb 13/ 2025.

You have zero issue."

 

Whoops...ah yes..I didn't go back far enuff...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/1/2024 at 11:06 AM, clokwise said:

My non-O retirement visa was due to expire on Feb 13 2024 so I renewed it in late January. The visa extension says I'm now allowed to stay until Feb 13 2025. All good. So I thought.

 

You thought correct - all good.

 

Your non-O renewal is not a visa, it's an extension of stay based on your original non-O visa that has already expired.

 

Your latest entry stamp was dated based on the expiration of the current non-O extension of stay.

 

When you recently renewed your extension of stay, well, that extended your permission of stay, not your visa.

 

Note the title of the form you submitted

"APPLICATION FOR EXTENSION OF TEMPORARY STAY IN THE KINGDOM"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...