Pattaya Man Surrenders to Police After Shooting Gun at ‘Wrong Car’

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya —A Thai man voluntarily surrendered himself to police on Saturday after firing a gun at a car in Pattaya. The suspect confessed he shot the ‘wrong car.’

On March 2nd, 2024, Mr. Supakrit Wannajinda, also known as Mag, aged 33, voluntarily surrendered to the authorities at the Nongprue Police Station. Mr. Supakrit handed over a registered Forjas Taurus revolver with three bullet casings to the police. He arrived at the station riding a red Honda Spacy i motorcycle that he used to commit the shooting, according to officers.

According to reports, Mr. Supakrit, one day prior to the surrender, shot a firearm at a car belonging to a local resident in Soi Map Song-Nong Yai 10 in the Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province. The targeted vehicle, a bronze Toyota Vigo pickup truck, sustained a bullet hole in the rear truck bed and a punctured right rear tire.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-03-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 1

Mr. Supakrit is in police custody and faces charges for causing property damage, carrying a firearm and ammunition in public without reasonable cause, and discharging a firearm in public.

No charges of attempted murder?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

A Thai man voluntarily surrendered himself to police on Saturday after firing a gun at a car in Pattaya. The suspect confessed he shot the ‘wrong car.’

That's what happens when you don't do your homework.... must try harder.

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Yet another Bronze pick up, that is clearly silver. 

This is another Thai quirk.  A vehicle, which to Western eyes is painted 'silver' is registered in its log-book (Tabien roht) as 'Bronze'

This is not a mistake it is the official description in English used by the DLT.

• Haha 1

I have repeatedly said, that possession of a firearm in public (unless authorised- ie police etc) should carry a minimum 10 year prison sentence, whilst the use of a firearm to either threaten or fire, regardless of the result, warrants the ultimate penalty!

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

This is another Thai quirk.  A vehicle, which to Western eyes is painted 'silver' is registered in its log-book (Tabien roht) as 'Bronze'

This is not a mistake it is the official description in English used by the DLT.

Just bad translation IMO buy the translator of this article and DLT.  Do you have a Blonze Lot Cap :whistling: 

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Just bad translation IMO buy the translator of this article and DLT.  Do you have a Blonze Lot Cap :whistling: 

Twenty years ago I bought a new (silver) car. In the Tabien Roht it was stated (in English) as 'Bronze'. That concerned me because it had a number of implications. I went to the DLT and pointed out the 'error' but a Supervisor told me it was all in order.

But, I have seen the colour 'silver' described as 'bronze' in a number of English language news reports across the years. 🙄

• Agree 1