Jump to content

Schengen Visa to Spain


Recommended Posts

Hi everybody, 

 

I need some help and will try to spell it out. 

I am awaiting a UK Visitor Visa for my Thai GF.  I am 81 & GF is 50.  We are going to my daughter's wedding in May & will be in UK for a month.  I am aware it is possible to overstay one's welcome at my daughters' houses so thought I would give everyone a break whilst I have a week's holiday in Spain.

 

Is there a site like VFS which I found to be very helpful for the UK Visa?  I've been on a number of pages - the application looks to be 4 pages long.  I filled it in but unlike the UK one you could not return to it so I lost all the inputted data.

 

I have been told if we leave for Spain we void the UK visa & need some sort of re-entry permit for her?

After collecting 47pages of material for the UK visa, I was hoping to attend an office to submit the completed application form & all the supporting documents but do not know where to go.

Anyone been through the process recently, as I need some guidance.

Thanks in advance.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seriously....is it worth the hassle?

 

I spent a good part of my life in Germany applying for SOFA visas, Schengen visas, UK visitors visas, Auftenstittel IDs .......I think the stress of it all has knocked about 10 years off my life.

 

Just stay in the UK

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

 

I have been told if we leave for Spain we void the UK visa & need some sort of re-entry permit for her?


You’ve been told wrong, providing she has a multi entry UK Visa, which the vast majority are, she can make as many side trips and return to the UK as she wants.

 

She should apply for Schengen Visa in Thailand, it’s really not that difficult, she’ll need confirmed flights, accommodation, proof of funds, insurance and details of her life in her home country.

 

If you don’t want the “hassle” of applying for another visa and don’t want to outstay your welcome with your daughter, maybe consider a mini break to Scotland or somewhere else in the UK.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, theoldgit said:

You’ve been told wrong, providing she has a multi entry UK Visa, which the vast majority are, she can make as many side trips and return to the UK as she wants.

Thank you a weight off my mind.

 

10 hours ago, theoldgit said:

She should apply for Schengen Visa in Thailand, it’s really not that difficult, she’ll need confirmed flights, accommodation, proof of funds, insurance and details of her life in her home country.

I have all these to hand after applying for UK visitor visa; my question is what web-site provides for this application?

 

10 hours ago, theoldgit said:

maybe consider a mini break to Scotland or somewhere else in the UK.

A good alternative tho' not sure a Thai lady would cope with clouds of midges.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, mikebell said:

Hi everybody, 

 

I need some help and will try to spell it out. 

I am awaiting a UK Visitor Visa for my Thai GF.  I am 81 & GF is 50.  We are going to my daughter's wedding in May & will be in UK for a month.  I am aware it is possible to overstay one's welcome at my daughters' houses so thought I would give everyone a break whilst I have a week's holiday in Spain.

 

Is there a site like VFS which I found to be very helpful for the UK Visa?  I've been on a number of pages - the application looks to be 4 pages long.  I filled it in but unlike the UK one you could not return to it so I lost all the inputted data.

 

I have been told if we leave for Spain we void the UK visa & need some sort of re-entry permit for her?

After collecting 47pages of material for the UK visa, I was hoping to attend an office to submit the completed application form & all the supporting documents but do not know where to go.

Anyone been through the process recently, as I need some guidance.

Thanks in advance.

 

You go to the website of Spanish Embassy in Thailand,I guess you need an appointment for Schengen visa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Southern Ireland is also a good choice. Although it’s in the EU it’s not in Schengen. Provided you enter from the UK you won’t need any visa for your GF. Friendly people, same language, lots of interesting places and not to expensive to fly there or possibly go by ferry. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

Thank you a weight off my mind.

 

I have all these to hand after applying for UK visitor visa; my question is what web-site provides for this application?

 

A good alternative tho' not sure a Thai lady would cope with clouds of midges.

No midges in Glasgow or Edinburgh and a good train connection between the two cities.  Lots to see and do.  

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Griffo63 said:

Southern Ireland is also a good choice. Although it’s in the EU it’s not in Schengen. Provided you enter from the UK you won’t need any visa for your GF. Friendly people, same language, lots of interesting places and not to expensive to fly there or possibly go by ferry. 

What a good idea as an alternative to Spain.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mikebell said:

What a good idea as an alternative to Spain.

 

Almost anywhere is a good alternative to Spain, fail to see what people see in the place

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just got a Schengen visa for my woman, and a friend of mine just got one for his girlfriend. It does require a lot of documentation, proof of tickets, accommodations, travel within Europe, financial support, etc. It's helpful to have a good deal of money in the bank and things of that nature, but it did not seem like it was a particularly difficult process, assuming she qualifies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Check the Spanish consulate's website for the direct regulations on Schengen visa needed for Spain. As for the UK visa, leaving for Spain might indeed require a re-entry permit for your girlfriend, depending on her visa type. Sometimes, ensuring everything is in order, like legalising a document, can smooth out these processes. You'll need to find the nearest Spanish consulate or visa center for submitting the Schengen application. They usually require an appointment for document submission. Hope this helps, and good luck with the wedding and your travel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ArmandoWalter said:

As for the UK visa, leaving for Spain might indeed require a re-entry permit for your girlfriend, depending on her visa type. 


UK Visas are multi entry, no such thing as a re-entry permit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2024 at 3:42 AM, proton said:

Almost anywhere is a good alternative to Spain, fail to see what people see in the place

Thank you for spreading this.

More room for me and like minded 🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2024 at 8:47 AM, Adelphi said:

No midges in Glasgow or Edinburgh and a good train connection between the two cities.  Lots to see and do.  

There are definitely midges and mosquitos in Scotland. I ended up in A&E last time we were up there and we weren't that far from Glasgow. Bitten on the thigh by a mozzy and I got a nasty infection. It was painful driving back home.

 

We went on honeymoon to Jersey and no extra documentation needed. If I remember correctly you cannot just fly to Southern Ireland on a UK visit visa but people have flown to Belfast and driven across the border with no problems.

 

Spain is not one of the friendliest countries to issue Schengen visas (more hoops to jump through) but when we went to Iceland in 2017, they did it while we waited at the Danish Embassy in London. I didn’t have booking for Iceland either (Only screenshots showing the intended booking.) and they didn't ask for financials.

Edited by rasg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...