Yeah, I'm coming back

8 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Did you personally see those drug and homeless things or see them in the media? Is a security guard a big deal? Theft at supermarkets is not good but pretty normal and if a bit worse than before is that a gamechanger for your life? When I come back to Australia I could search out some area with homeless or talk to someone about theft at the local store, which is a thing here too, but otherwise I would see everything pretty normal - only problem might be boredom. Good though if it helps you make a decision but you didn't seem all that happy or thrilled about Thailand either. 

Nah.... I normally don't bash Canada, but facts are facts. I am not influenced by media, I judge things by my own experience.

I don't like to bash Canada. My wife had a medical emergency. We called an ambulance (she still did not qualify for free healthcare) and they helped her and were very professional. If I have to pay which I doubt it will only cost 250 bucks which I know in Thailand I would get skinned alive. My wife got lost and she waved the police. Very pro and very nice to her. They were driving her around until she found the place. 

I don't like the fact that the government is giving food handouts to anyone. People literally buy starbucks and they line up for free food. Ridiculous. I don't like that corporations are losing money due to theft, can't do anything about it and are passing the losses to customers. Wife is giving it another 1-2 years in Thailand to see if the new job works out. I am sure I will be on this forum whinging and complaining about Thailand daily. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Canada always sucked since a decade so not sure what is really new. Pretty sure it is nonsense too that this is suddenly “all over the place” but in reality just in specific parts of certain cities and on a nation wide scale 70% as usual. 

How you even spend time here all the time if you arent even living in thailand? 

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, BenStark said:

She realised quickly that she wasn't able to financially support you in Canada.

Oh

image.png.773eade0021f77a607d2ad6771762ba0.png

Interesting.

Who wrote it?

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Same in Los Angeles. It has really gone downhill. Crime is higher, homelessness is out of control, prices have skyrocketed, and the quality of life is way down for most.

The first image is downtown. The second is in an affluent area of West Los Angeles.

20230129_121357.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-20 at 11.22.55 AM.jpeg

Oblivion

• Agree 2

Decades of high immigration and

7 hours ago, Celsius said:

My wife got lost and she waved the police. Very pro and very nice to her. They were driving her around until she found the place. 

Anything but do real police work.  

7 hours ago, Celsius said:

My wife had a medical emergency. We called an ambulance (she still did not qualify for free healthcare) and they helped her and were very professional.

Canadian taxpayers pay for that "free" healthcare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

Well who gives a flying ef

I hold no allegiance to any country. I'll be wherever I feel like it at any moment.

Wow.  Impressive.  

Stories are beginning to appear in Canadian media about how recently-arrived immigrants (legal ones!) are seeking to return to their original hellhole.

My (Thai) wife, working here in BC, has two co-workers who are so miserable with life here in Canada they are actually going back 'home".  One will be returning to Medellin, Colombia, the other to Tehran [sic].

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Same in Los Angeles. It has really gone downhill. Crime is higher, homelessness is out of control, prices have skyrocketed, and the quality of life is way down for most.

The first image is downtown. The second is in an affluent area of West Los Angeles.

20230129_121357.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-20 at 11.22.55 AM.jpeg

Wow,  looks more like an effluent area. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Celsius said:

My wife had a medical emergency. We called an ambulance (she still did not qualify for free healthcare) and they helped her and were very professional. If I have to pay which I doubt it will only cost 250 bucks which I know in Thailand I would get skinned alive.

Why would YOU get skinned alive?, it would only cost your wife 30b.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I agree to some degree. Big cities. Vancouver is horrible. Calgary it seems some areas of the city are under siege. Edmonton same. That being said for anyone working with an ok salary things can be good. My family love Canada. Go the PR route allows Thai's to work, provincial healthcare, etc. We split our incomes, half stay in Canada, send the rest to Thailand for retirement in 8 or 10 years. In Thailand I can see a Doctor anytime I need. Canada not so much. Schools in Canada are better. Earning potential in Canada, better. Quality of life, better in Canada. Weather, better in Canada, but we love to ski, snowmobile, swim, wakeboarding, hiking, etc. Still I enjoy my time when in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Think your missus best leave you to it, sound worse than a winging pom! lol.

That massive French fry on your shoulder is making you lopsided.

I take it that you meant whingeing not "winging".

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Celsius said:

Wife is already back in Thailand. If it wasn't for the family I would be back with her.

Truly, Canada is  worse every time I go back.

fentanyl zombies, free handouts, tent parks, needles in the park, the consistent smell of piss and weed.....

Toronto in itself is still fine. It's the surrounding areas that are going down the toilet.

The supermarket next to my mom is losing $45,000 a week due to thefts. I heard it is pretty much the same everywhere.

Every store has a security staff and this must be new because I have never seen this even in 2022 when I visited the last time.

This is how you buy laptops at Walmart, Hahaha.... 

When was the last time you were back in your "mother" country ?? If recently, what's it like there ?