Finding new places in Thailand

There's a place called Om Koi, south west of Chiang Mai. The roads to the south west look amazing.

Never heard of this place before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thailand has thousands of little back country roads, but the countryside near the Mekong is the most scenic I have seen.

@Dolf@thaibeachlovers

In the end, it's always an eclectic mix of rural Thailand, services, accessibility, scenic vs practicality, time, and of course personal preference.  For tourists with a limited schedule here they are often being directed to the places that are highly promoted.

Myself, I'm good with most anything when I escape Bangkok, but I detest leaving the big city for a break and visiting another "city". So both of your recommendations are appreciated.

The "wee woman" prefers the beach, she has limited vacation time available when we typically travel, so the beaches suit the schedule and me fine - plus are relatively nearby.  Usually we do more local Thai tourist destinations (low international tourist traction), pick your province, PraChuap, Chumphon, Ranong, to the west and Rayong, Chantaburi, Trat to the east.

Must admit tho, both the north and the Mekong are worthy destinations.

Keep the recommendations coming. :jap: