Companys for double glazing and acoustic roof/ceiling products (aircraft noise)

easyridercc

Hi,

Suvarnabhumi airport will be opening a 3rd run way and has given nearby houses some money to replace windows and install roof sound insulation to help reduce the impact of increases in aircraft frequency/noise.  Airport provided money, but no advice on installation/companies, my wife said most houses will just keep the money and do nothing to upgrade their property.

I'm looking for companies to get quotes for:

- Double glazing

- Reduce sound coming in from roof/ceiling (currently there is no insulation, just roof titles, a large gap then the ceiling boards).

So far I have a quote for double glazing from Windsor and also reached out to SSS, who no longer cover Bangkok area.  I'd like to get 2-3 quotes as pretty expensive.

Also, would love to find a company who installs roof/ceiling insulation (ideally acoustic insultation).

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Rock wool insulation is excellent for sound deadening. If you Google it, or check out some building supply companies I am sure you can find a source for it there in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Homepro and Thaiwatsadu have sound absorbing, foam tiles.  I think you need to order them, but I saw samples and photos in the stores.  They also have secondary window frames.

You'll need a combination of noise absorbers and sound proofing.  The first thing is to seal any gaps .... foam strips around windows, sealant around AC pipework etc.  Then add secondary glazing. 

Standard double glazing usually has an inadequate air gap between the glass panes - you need a wide gap, or secondary windows.

Sound absorbing tiles in the roof space will also help.  And insulation under rooftiles.  Ceiling lights can be a problem as they provide a direct route to the roofspace - seal if you can.

Most house walls in Thailand are lightweight, single leaf bricks - so adding mass such as plasterboard can help.

Inside your rooms go for lots of heavy soft furnishings - they are additional absorbers.

Sound proofing is mainly about mass - so thick glass in windows, heavy rock wool insulation, plasterboard.  Then you need sound absorbers everywhere.  But a hole or gap in walls, ceilings and windows will defeat all the rest.

• Love It 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for tip on rockwool insulation, will get a quote.  Going to try new windows and insulation first, before buying new roof using special tiles.

For the windows we found Windsor will do a custom double glazing, laminated 6mm and 6mm, multi lock system, with all windows types casement for best sound efficiency.  

Edited by easyridercc
  • Like 1