New Condos In Sathorn Or Sukhumvit For Nesting

Went to see the Park at Chidlom, but it was closed. Bit annoying as we walked the whole length of Soi Somkid! Not a good soi for walking. BTW Anyone know prices on that?

Sorry have only just noticed the thread (I guess we are all guilty of full interest when we are fully involved). The Park was by appointment only, I don't think there is anything left there I could have saved you the walk!

However Welcome There is so much new stuff it is so good to see the city developing and I think selling out! But your posts do seem to fluctuate in intention for your situation.

sorry, but oversupply and unoccupied speculative "sold out" properties is not a "city developing" but rather a bubble that will deflate, watch out below as the credit screws tighten

Went to see the Park at Chidlom, but it was closed. Bit annoying as we walked the whole length of Soi Somkid! Not a good soi for walking. BTW Anyone know prices on that?

Sorry have only just noticed the thread (I guess we are all guilty of full interest when we are fully involved). The Park was by appointment only, I don't think there is anything left there I could have saved you the walk!

However Welcome There is so much new stuff it is so good to see the city developing and I think selling out! But your posts do seem to fluctuate in intention for your situation.

sorry, but oversupply and unoccupied speculative "sold out" properties is not a "city developing" but rather a bubble that will deflate, watch out below as the credit screws tighten

I believe the term is Staying Power - it says it all. (Sorry I am becoming a fan of old expressions, though of course do not abide by them :o )

I think The Park did have some units available, and was by appointment. Seemed quite nice.

You're probably right, my posts may have fluctuated a bit as I wayed up all the pros and cons. Also, I was pretty open-minded as to what's best for us, so my views changed a bit as I gained info and understanding. eg I had 4-12mio in mind at first as a price. Then when I saw places I was prepared to go up above that, as vfm and what I want is more important than price itself. Then when I realised they take years to complete, that brings down what I'm prepared to pay again. Hence the flexibility. Think you need to be flexible, open-minded and adaptable here given the environment.

The intention/goal has always been the same throughout tho': find a place for the family. Central location. For longer term. Matches my view on risks/rewards in Thailand property.

It's the risks/rewards that are volatile here, and the approach to meet your goals that your need to be flexible on.

Edited by fletchthai68