UK visa card renewal will Nationwide and WISE post here to Thailand via Thailand post?

I read post Brexit many UK financial insstitutions cannot posst to EU.

I would like to maintain UK accounts as convenient for visits and I often make online purchases in sterling.

Ss far  AIB  NAB and Citi no issues, The post Office usually leave a collect card in locked external Mail box, couriers seem to slide under the gate

Nationwide and Wise cards will come up for renewal.

I have looked at their websites seems no mention of Thailand.

Be most grateful for any advice esp those who have received a renewed ( not first) cards here.

My belief is Wise will renew, Nationwide not so clear?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Why bother with posting UK debit cards?

Wise lets you have a virtual debit card.

Get a Thai bank account and use Wise to transfer money into it, then pay using phone app + QR codes.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RubbaJohnny said:

I read post Brexit many UK financial insstitutions cannot posst to EU.

I would like to maintain UK accounts as convenient for visits and I often make online purchases in sterling.

Ss far  AIB  NAB and Citi no issues, The post Office usually leave a collect card in locked external Mail box, couriers seem to slide under the gate

Nationwide and Wise cards will come up for renewal.

I have looked at their websites seems no mention of Thailand.

Be most grateful for any advice esp those who have received a renewed ( not first) cards here.

My belief is Wise will renew, Nationwide not so clear?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I am with Nationwide, but through UK address. They are well aware I am in Thailand, and it is recorded on their system.

Have 2 cards with them, and when renewed last year, I messaged and asked if possible to post to Thailand? Nationwide said no, and posted to my registered UK address, and suggested someone forward on to me.

Message them through the online banking system.

10 hours ago, clarty boots said:

@RubbaJohnny   

RE: Delivery of (UK) Wise debit card to Thai address.

I received a communication from Wise last week (4th March) stating that I could have my replacement debit card sent to my Thai address. I have since ordered a replacement card and the app is now showing an estimated delivery towards the end of this month (think  it showed 25th March).

Fingers crossed it actually arrives!

Thanks, be grateful if you will update that its is done

On 3/11/2024 at 11:25 AM, BritManToo said:

Why bother with posting UK debit cards?

Wise lets you have a virtual debit card.

Get a Thai bank account and use Wise to transfer money into it, then pay using phone app + QR codes.

I understand a fair point, uk debit card extremy handy to scan on Heathrow or Gatwick Express, I have a Thai mastercard not certain, regardless of unknown rate and overseas charges it'll work on uk transit systems, I prefer leave my thai cards in Thailand.For those who used to queu to buy or reload oysters, most transport in London don't take cash.

Can you use a QR code at ticket barriers Heathrow or Gatwick, probably the way foward ?

• 4 weeks later...

@RubbaJohnny

My Wise debit card has still not arrived (on checking the app it says expected delivery 26th to 31st March), if it doesn't turn up in the next few days I think I will reorder and have it delivered to a UK address and then forwarded to Thailand via registered post (my usual method of receiving debit/credit cards in Thailand.

Including the above non delivery, I have only had about 3 or 4 items posted from the UK not making it to my house in the 7 years I have lived here, so not too bad.

• 4 weeks later...