Chonburi Governor To Check Public Beach Access?

Banana7

When is the Chonburi Governor going to start checking access to public beaches in Chonburi, especially in the Pattaya area, and north and south of Pattaya? Lots of private structures, in North Pattaya, have been built on the beach, within 20 meters of the high water mark. In case the Governor can't find these structures, he can easily find them by renting a boat and looking from the sea. First place to check is south of where Na Kluea Soi 18, in Pattaya, ends at the beach. Some places have a massive stone/concrete wall, like near the Cove condo.

Do Chonburi residents have to start organizing and holding mass demonstrations, like do they in Phuket, to get government officials to enforce the law, public access to the full width of public beaches?

What about the government taking action against Government Officials who haven't ensured public access to public beaches. Is there grounds for charges like "dereliction of duty" with severe consequences? Could Minister Auntin have a chat, with the Chonburi Governor as he did with the Phuket Governor, to get things moving ?

Edited by Banana7
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Banana7 said:

When is the Chonburi Governor going to start checking access to public beaches in Chonburi, especially in the Pattaya area, and north and south of Pattaya? Lots of private structures, in North Pattaya, have been built on the beach, within 20 meters of the high water mark. In case the Governor can't find these structures, he can easily find them by renting a boat and looking from the sea. First place to check is south of where Na Kluea Soi 18, in Pattaya, ends at the beach. Some places have a massive stone/concrete wall, like near the Cove condo.

Do Chonburi residents have to start organizing and holding mass demonstrations, like do they in Phuket, to get government officials to enforce the law, public access to the full width of public beaches?

What about the government taking action against Government Officials who haven't ensured public access to public beaches. Is there grounds for charges like "dereliction of duty" with severe consequences? Could Minister Auntin have a chat, with the Chonburi Governor as he did with the Phuket Governor, to get things moving ?

Curious - who is your target audience with this post? Most people on this forum know to keep our heads down and our mouths zipped regarding the outing of upper management in this country. "Nothing to see here, move along."

Or are you competing with GG for the worst post of the day?

• Agree 2

On 3/12/2024 at 7:32 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

Curious - who is your target audience with this post? Most people on this forum know to keep our heads down and our mouths zipped regarding the outing of upper management in this country. "Nothing to see here, move along."

Or are you competing with GG for the worst post of the day?

No competition here.

Well the government of Thailand authorities and news media do read social media, perhaps even aseannow.  I am hoping someone takes interests in enforcing the laws around Pattaya for public access to beaches as they are starting to do in Phuket province.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Well the government of Thailand authorities and news media do read social media, perhaps even aseannow.  I am hoping someone takes interests in enforcing the laws around Pattaya for public access to beaches as they are starting to do in Phuket province.

Are there any beaches in the Pattaya area that are 'private'? I can only think of the one on the Naval base near Sattahip. We had a bit of  fuss about encroachment and construction at the back of Sukhawadee House some years back but I thought that was resolved. 

Edited by jacko45k

Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2024 at 6:03 AM, jacko45k said:

Are there any beaches in the Pattaya area that are 'private'? I can only think of the one on the Naval base near Sattahip. We had a bit of  fuss about encroachment and construction at the back of Sukhawadee House some years back but I thought that was resolved. 

During Covid there was a court case that said a tourist attraction, with lots of lights,  south of Chol Chan resort, was on public beach property and it had to be removed. However, it is still there with multiple signs that indicate 2,000 baht fine if you enter without a ticket. Looks like its the place you mention.

IMG_4888.JPG

Edited by Banana7
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Banana7 said:

During Covid there was a court case that said a tourist attraction, with lots of lights,  south of Chol Chan resort, was on public beach property and it had to be removed. However, it is still there with multiple signs that indicate 2,000 baht fine if you enter without a ticket. Looks like its the place you mention.

IMG_4888.JPG

Yeah that looks like it. It used to be free to tour many ears ago. Very popular with Chinese tour groups I believe. 

Looks like there are multiple Sukhawadee House facilities. One did get torn down. 

Does anyone know what the public beach land depth is from the high water mark?