Retirement renewal

I was on a retirement stamp until 12 July 2024.   I went back to UK for medical reasons.   On way to Suvarnabhumi Airport was held up due to traffic conditions.

As a result did not have time to get a re-entry stamp.  I know I have to start the process for retirement again.

When I came back, IO told me I had to report to Immigration within 7 day which I will this week then said I would get one month.  

Will that be extended  prior I have to apply to the new retirement stamp.

• Agree 1

OP, you need to obtain a non O based on retirement.  That provides a 90 day stamp.

Requires 800k in Thai bank account in your name on day of application. 

Also requires 15+ days remaining on your visa exempt stamp.

After 2 months you can apply for 12 month extension. 

The "one month" immigration was referring to is a 30 day extension to your visa exempt entry to provide time to obtain non O 

More details in this thread

https://aseannow.com/topic/1311886-visa-exempt-to-retirement-extension-process-and-cost/ 

That thread has links to similar threads to outline the process. 

• Like 2

Sounds as though you entered VE (without a visa) and was granted a stay of 30 days, which can be extended for a further 30 days for tourism purposes.

To apply for a 1-year extension of stay, you must firstly have Non Immigrant status, not Tourist.

You could have applied for a Non Imm O visa from the Thai Embassy, London, prior to entry.
For just such situations, Immigration offer a procedure to change your status to Non Immigrant without leaving the Country.

The procedure is here: VE-TV to Non O Retirement.pdf 

Depending on which office you apply at and having at least 15-21 days permission of stay left, you could apply for the Non Imm this week.
Alternatively, you could apply for a 30-day extension to grant you more time to apply for the Non Imm.

Once your Non Imm is granted, you'll be granted a further stay of 90 days.
Within the last 30 days of that 90 days, you may apply for the 1-year extension of stay based on retirement.

The above information is subject to meeting the financial requirements.

I have 2 remarks for your situation:
1. I suggest you get a reentry permit at the same time you get your extension of stay. In HH for example you can get it during renewing the extension without the need to queue a second time.
2. You most likely will need to deposit 800k with a transfer from abroad, even though you already have 800k+ in your account. Every new extension based on retirement requires this (e.g. not a repeated extension). Is enforced in HH, don't know other IOs. Unless you work with an agent and pay him/her for avoiding the money deposit.

3 minutes ago, jimn said:

Many people say "get it at the airport its easy". Well that may be so, but this is exactly the reason why I never do or advise others to do. It's not worth the worry, get it before at immigration.

You were faster. A big +1.

I have seen times when the first entrance to international departure was closed due to congestion.

It's the way to the re-entry desk. Now try to skip the queue.

1 hour ago, Thalueng said:

2. You most likely will need to deposit 800k with a transfer from abroad, even though you already have 800k+ in your account. Every new extension based on retirement requires this (e.g. not a repeated extension). Is enforced in HH, don't know other IOs. Unless you work with an agent and pay him/her for avoiding the money deposit.

If you have ฿800000 in a Thai bank account why would you need to disregard that account and bring in another ฿800000 ?

20 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

You were faster. A big +1.

I have seen times when the first entrance to international departure was closed due to congestion.

It's the way to the re-entry desk. Now try to skip the queue.

it is possible to access the re-entry permit desk AIRSIDE.  you go up the ramp into the backside of the immigration hall.  there are signs visible as you go up the ramp which will direct you to the desk.