Thai Authorities Seize 5.36kg of Cocaine, Transnational Crime Network

webfact

image.jpeg

On March 11th, 2024, Pol. Lt. Gen. Panurat Lakboon, the Secretary-General of the Office of the Thai Narcotics Control Board (ONCB), and relevant agencies held a press conference after a crackdown on transnational crime networks.

According to Pol. Lt. Gen. Panurat, on March 6th, 2024, the Suvarnabhumi Airport Interdiction Task Force (AITF) seized international parcels containing 5,360 grams of cocaine stashed inside 5 sets of steel clothes racks from the USA.

Previously, ONCB had launched a search operation together with 200 officers in the Nana area, Bangkok, to deter and prevent narcotic crimes on February 21st.

After the seizure, ONCB investigated further and tracked down three West African suspects who were allegedly involved in distributing illicit substances in the Nana area, Sukhumvit, Bangkok, according to Pol. Lt. Gen. Panurat. The identities of the suspects were withheld by the ONCB.

By Kittisak Phalaharn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-03-13

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Media Power

28 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Oh my...west Africans....in Thailand...dealing drugs in the Nana area....unbelievable!...

How long has this been going on....10--20 years?

Bad guys in, bad guys out, more bad guys in... 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

tracked down three West African suspects who were allegedly involved in distributing illicit substances in the Nana area,

I first watched it nearly 20 years ago; each time I visit my son I see it happening in plain sight and wonder how the local police have missed it all these years.