Swimming holes in the north

Dolf

This is MaeYa waterfall about 3 weeks ago.... There's pools just below the main falls & in the stream below....

By the parking lot you can buy food & refreshments & sit with your feet in the flowing water or claim a rock to picnic in...

On the way to Ob Luang there's a river you can splash around in....

There's a river through Pai with drive in access....

I wish there were more closer so I could take my dog swimming.....Mae Wang has river rafting & a national park with splashing areas....

FB_IMG_1710306831122.jpg

• Agree 1

In recent years they tested the water a few times at doi suthep and areas, the water was a few times very bad with E. coli showing up at the end of the hottest months. Aside from that there is at most places very little water, if you hike along the waterfall streams you can find various small pools, one is near the bottom of Doi Suthep as well. I think it should still be fine right now, I am actually about to check again this week.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Mae Wang and Ob Khan are about the best.

Then there's a couple of swimming spots on Doi Suthep, car park 2km above the Zoo and walk 100m downhill.

Not to forget Sticky Waterfalls 50Km up the 1001, North of CM.

Mae Wang

87784168_10216560188344627_1239836421313789952_o (1).jpg

Ob Khan

IMG_20140417_114147.jpg

IMG_20191110_104405.jpg

IMG_20191110_104618.jpg

Edited by BritManToo

On 3/12/2024 at 9:08 PM, Dolf said:

What are the best waterfalls for swimming? Will there be much water late April?

Wait until after a few good rain or find a pool. Giardia and other parasites are flourishing in April, rodents snakes and other critters hang out by the water during the hot season and poop everywhere, one drop of contaminated water can give you a severe case of gut rot.