Frenchman’s trial unveils multi-million euro Rolex replica ring

webfact

35 minutes ago, ezzra said:

if he only could put his extraordinary abilities and 'gifts' for doing good things rather than being a criminal but i guess

there's no money in being good now days as being a criminal... 

now days?

• Love It 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Astonishingly, Julien V boasted of tailoring his replicas to perfection, asserting he could craft timepieces completely real, or completely fake, tailored precisely to customer preference.

But he chose the dark-side instead of carving out a legit niche market for himself... 

• Agree 1

This article is so poorly written, it's hard to understand how he ran it from Thailand. The article says he oversaw production oof  watches, but later says they paid $200 and sold them for $400. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

My deepest and most sincere apologies: Nowadays...

i don't  he was criticising your grammar, I think  He questioning the accuracy of what you wrote.  ie, its always been the case that there was  more money to be made from using  ones skills for illegal endeavours. its not a modern anomaly 

• Like 1

Highly doubt he's overseeing making them. More likely buying low quality fakes and making out like he's some gangster.

Prices range from couple of hundred quid to over a thousand quid for super clone ones where a watch dealer will struggle to tell difference unless they know the exact give away on a fake .

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

if he only could put his extraordinary abilities and 'gifts' for doing good things rather than being a criminal but i guess

there's no money in being good now days as being a criminal... 

What 2 old men you got in mind? Are they Americans? And fight for presidency?

Only 1 example.....🙏

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Admitting to masterminding the operation from Thailand

5 hours ago, webfact said:

and a portfolio of properties in Thailand.

Thailand seems to be a magnet for criminals.

• Thanks 1

With all the high quality fakes around, any upstart can display a genuine brand watch but everybody will consider it a well imitated fake. Same for the logo branded apparel or leather goods. So no point.

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1

Way back in 1991 I was travelling to KL frequently to buy fake Rolex watches for just $7 per piece and reselling them in retail chains for $30 per piece in Moscow, Russia. The business was booming. The suppliers in KL told me they were made in Thailand, probably somewhere at the Golden Triangle area.