The Future - Southern Thailand Submerged Under Water

Hello all,

There is the notion that southern thailand over the next 20 years will become submerged under water including bangkok.

Is this the reality ?

Properties in Phuket and Koh Samui, would this depreciate if not zero the cost of properties

Northern Thailand, would this rapidly increase the cost of land and property in the North ?

What are peoples opinions / thoughts.

Arran.

Hello all,

There is the notion that southern thailand over the next 20 years will become submerged under water including bangkok.

Is this the reality ?

Properties in Phuket and Koh Samui, would this depreciate if not zero the cost of properties

Northern Thailand, would this rapidly increase the cost of land and property in the North ?

Arran.

buy a gondola and buy a property on the 5th floor or higher, just think of it as the venice of the east except with a worse smell

I think only if you believe Al Gore and his ilk, surely they'd love to see it. People have been predicting this sort of disaster as long as I can remember, I very much doubt it is in our lifetime, perhaps eventually, every coastline will change at some point in time. Wai naam dai mai krap? :o

Seemlingly people do not take this too seriously.

People of phuket and koh samui, bangkok, hua hin etc. ie southern thailand do not believe or have not so far believed, the possibility they would have to vacate their homes. I guess if the sea levels did rise, there would be nobody who would want to buy them so they would be rendered worthless ??

On the positive side, prices of land and property in northern thailand would increase ?

But how likely is it that southern thailand would be covered by rising water levels within the next 20 years ? has anybody thought about this or heard this notion.

Until a few weeks ago, nobody here in England was taking the issue seriously either.

Now those affected by widespread flooding will see a dramatic reduction in property value due to location and cost of soaring insurance. OK, this is not due to rising sea-levels, so I'm slightly off-topic, but it's weather patterns predicted by climate change experts for years yet almost completely ignored.

Obviously Bangkok has a greater history of flooding and better drainage, yet could still be greatly affected by the wild weather patterns.

And it doesn't matter whether you are in North or Central or Southern Thailand, but proximity to rivers, floodplains, hills, valleys etc.

My friend in Pai had half her land washed away by mud-slides caused by de-forestation.

Hello all,

Is this the reality ?

Arran.

There is a topic about this subject already:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...=117475&hl=

LaoPo :o