METV and TM30 after border-run

Hello everyone.

Do I still need to do a TM30 again after a border-run if I havent moved adress? the TM30 has already been done once by the landlord when I arrived in Thailand the first time.

Regards John

4 hours ago, John8 said:

Hello everyone.

Do I still need to do a TM30 again after a border-run if I havent moved adress? the TM30 has already been done once by the landlord when I arrived in Thailand the first time.

Regards John

Yes, you must do it. Each and every time you enter Thailand on a METV you must report your address, even if it's the exact same address, usually within 72 hours of arriving.

3 hours ago, John8 said:

Thanks for the reply.

Jomtien

Ouch, if you don't report as I said in my post, enjoy a nice 1,600 baht fine from them. Good luck, hope you like paying them fines if you don't listen and report.

Edited by bbi1

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

Yes, you must do it. Each and every time you enter Thailand on a METV you must report your address, even if it's the exact same address, usually within 72 hours of arriving.

Wrong.

Perhaps at few immigration offices that are not adhering to current law re TM30

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Ouch, if you don't report as I said in my post, enjoy a nice 1,600 baht fine from them. Good luck.

Again more misinformation. 

The OP does not requure a new TM30. 

For those that do eg extension to tourist visa or visa exempt the usual fine would be 800b 

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Wrong.

Perhaps at few immigration offices that are not adhering to current law re TM30

I like to listen to the TM30 desk girls at Jomtien and get the info straight from the horses mouth. Twice I asked them, both times when I was reporting my TM30 to them, being the exact same address I was staying at on a METV. They gave me the exact same answer two times. Plus the queue ticket girls also say the same thing.

Up to the OP if he wants to do it or not. 1,600 baht fine awaits in the future and he will need to do it anyway if he needs to do something at immigration down the track.

Edited by bbi1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Again more misinformation. 

The OP does not requure a new TM30. 

For those that do eg extension to tourist visa or visa exempt the usual fine would be 800b 

It's 1,600 baht at Jomtien, always has been. I know, because a while ago I had to pay this fine, about a year ago. Unless they've started offering 50% off discounts recently.

Edited by bbi1

6 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

It's 1,600 baht at Jomtien, always has been. I know, because a while ago I had to pay this fine, about a year ago. Unless they've started offering 50% off discounts recently.

Who cares about your office Jomtien. 

There are approx 75 immigration offices.

Some are rogue. Think CM another 

Here is part of 2.2 Changed in June 2020.

"The alien as defined in paragraph one shall include those who

being granted multiple-visa who leaves and returns to the Kingdom with specified

time in the visa, and those with re-entry permit." 

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

being granted multiple-visa who leaves and returns to the Kingdom with specified

I think they OP would care, as he said his office is Jomtien.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I think they OP would care, as he said his office is Jomtien.

Perhaps should have been posted in Pattaya forum as is not MO for other immigration offices 

• Confused 2

The only reliable advice re the submission of a TM30 is to check with your local Immigration Office. 

Quoting the Immigration Act is not helpful if the local office ignores it, and saying that a local office is "rogue" does not help either. 

Several recent posts have advised that Jomtien requires a TM30 when returning from a trip away: this week I was informed that it was not necessary... Like so many other aspects of Immigration procedures in Thailand there is no consistency. Smile and accept it: TiT. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Goethe said:

Quoting the Immigration Act is not helpful if the local office ignores it, and saying that a local office is "rogue" does not help either. 

So when there are posts asking about process from visa exempt entry to non O we reply with "ask your immigration office" when in fact JOMTIEN that requires funds in bank for 2 months. That is an action of a ROGUE office. 

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, bbi1 said:

...Up to the OP if he wants to do it or not. 1,600 baht fine awaits in the future and he will need to do it anyway if he needs to do something at immigration down the track

At what immigration office is this the case?

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So when there are posts asking about process from visa exempt entry to non O we reply with "ask your immigration office" when in fact JOMTIEN that requires funds in bank for 2 months. That is an action of a ROGUE office. 

And how often has an office changed its procedures or demands after you labelled it "rogue"? Given the endless complaints about moving goalposts and the inconsistencies between Immigration Office and the Officers in them, it seems that every Immigration Office in Thailand could be described as "rogue". The label is irrelevant anyway: we have no choice but to accept whatever situation occurs. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2024 at 8:58 PM, DrJack54 said:

This is correct. and it is a national law that was charged in june 2020, for the "rogue" immi offices..I have no clue about there practices, but I know that I should have just googled the answers instead, because it is pointed out on many thai law websites.

tbh..the level of quality advices on asean has declined a lot since Joe died... I guess asean is just as affected by the "all knowing" trolls as all other social platforms... Rip Ubon Joe

https://silklegal.com/updated-regulations-issued-for-tm-30-filing/

edit: obviously there are some people that still need to do TM30's .. but not in my case

Edited by John8