TR Visa 60days Savannahket

Hi to everyone.

Just a quick one , but this could escalate into a long thread about what a 5hithouse I am, that I don’t know what I’m talking about and that I should get a penis extension.

But all I wanna know is am I alright to pop over to Savannahket to get another TR visa ? I got one about a year or more ago when I had run out of land border crossing allocations. And was faced with as NongKhai immigration advised me was my only other choice other than marriage to my Isaan allocation to have to fly out and in again which would have been a massive ask from NongKhai and back. I was then advised by some TV legends that going to Savannahket and returning would not require one of my entries because I would be entering with the visa in my passport. This was a lesson in not fully believing everything you read on here because it was only one member who pointed this out with many other believing like me it was the actual act of crossing by land that was restricted to two ‘ goes ‘ when it is the actual visa exemption that is two a calendar year. 

Hope one person is put right on that rule.

So my query is if I go for a run down to Savannahket is it gonna be a success like last time or will I possibly get refused on grounds I had one already or other spanner in the works. 

Feel free to say my post was overly long so I can picture you typing it. And don’t forget the classic confused emoji. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Stevey said:

I was then advised by some TV legends that going to Savannahket and returning would not require one of my entries because I would be entering with the visa in my passport. This was a lesson in not fully believing everything you read on here because it was only one member who pointed this out with many other believing like me it was the actual act of crossing by land that was restricted to two ‘ goes ‘ when it is the actual visa exemption that is two a calendar year. 

That advice was correct.

The limitation to entering via land borders to 2 per calendar year only applies when entering visa exempt (without a visa).
There is no written limitation to entering via a land border with a valid visa.
However, local Thai Embassies/Consulates used to limit the number of Tourist visa they'd issue in a year to 3, before putting a stamp in your passport basically stating this was the last issue of a TV.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Stevey said:

So my query is if I go for a run down to Savannahket is it gonna be a success like last time or will I possibly get refused on grounds I had one already or other spanner in the works. 

The question is, how many Tourist visas have you used to enter Thailand within the last 12 months.
If just the one, then applying for a further TV shouldn't be a problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Stevey said:

This was a lesson in not fully believing everything you read on here because it was only one member who pointed this out with many other believing like me it was the actual act of crossing by land that was restricted to two ‘ goes ‘ when it is the actual visa exemption that is two a calendar year

I find that very surprising. 

When two entries per calendar year is discussed its always clearly includes reference to two Visa Exempt entries via land. 

Anyway if the tourist visa from Savannahket was a year ago, you should not have an issue.

How long since that tourist visa have you spent in Thailand till now.

Didn't consider Vientiane for tourist visa? 

It does require an appointment there. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Stevey said:

Just a quick one , but this could escalate into a long thread about what a 5hithouse I am, that I don’t know what I’m talking about and that I should get a penis extension.

Too much info my friend. We don't need to know if you have a short one.

If you're Chinese or Indian passport, max 1 TV at Savann per 365 days. I just got refused officer said "you already got one from us. No 2nd time." 5 seconds I'm out. 

( while Vientiane refused said "you're Chinese passport, you can't apply here at Vientiane just travelling from Thailand, unless you have work or residence in Laos". Both did not bother to check my documents, just see Chinese or Indian passport + last trip stamp, rejected in 5 seconds. I travelled back visa exempt from Savann, since it's second exempt this yr Officer questioned me ALOT and seriously states "next time you should have visa, no exempt", and writes down somthing maybe "2 entries already" or "friendship brdge 2" on my passport above entry stamp? Wrote too cursive can't see clear )

But I recor as if you aren't Chinois or Indien zero prob with that. Should get TV per usual procedure, without issue. 

Edited by Coremouse
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

When two entries per calendar year is discussed its always clearly includes reference to two Visa Exempt entries via land. 

Anyway if the tourist visa from Savannahket was a year ago, you should not have an issue.

I got that last Tourist visa from Savannahket on the weekend of my last Birthday. 17 December 2022 and I opened it a few days later. So it’s been a while. 

I actually live/stay near to NongKhai but I have that border. The Lao Border Guards always try to make some issue. And last time I heard my mate went to Vientiane to make a visa and was forced to stay for a week in Vientiane because they want people to make appointments? Absolute ฟankers !!! 

In fact that’s a good point can anyone confirm or failing anyone just someone confirm that Savannahket is still walk in before 12pm.

i enjoyed that last trip and my epic trip down to Pakse. Yeah.. I’d borrowed the guesthouse Sounantha owners old Honda Wave and said I was going to have a look around the area and don’t worry if I don’t come back I might stay in another local town if like the place. I actually ended up in Pakse in the south. I google mapped it and it said about 3.5hrs. After 3.5 hours when I was filling up with fuel I google mapped it again and it said 3.5hrs .. Jesus Christ !! I ended up in Pakse at night had some noodle Stayed at the Lankham Hotel and in the morning Rode the tits off the Wave  like Barry Sheen on Yabba back up to  Savannahket and got there in about 7hours. Mus have filled the tank five times I was burning so much fuel. 

Be very careful of google maps in that part of the world. 

IMG_1415.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Coremouse said:

If you're Chinese or Indian passport, max 1 TV at Savann per 365 days. I just got refused officer said "you already got one from us. No 2nd time." 5 seconds I'm out. 

( while Vientiane refused said "you're Chinese passport, you can't apply here at Vientiane just travelling from Thailand, unless you have work or residence in Laos". Both did not bother to check my documents, just see Chinese or Indian passport + last trip stamp, rejected in 5 seconds. I travelled back visa exempt from Savann, since it's second exempt this yr Officer questioned me ALOT and seriously states "next time you should have visa, no exempt", and writes down somthing maybe "2 entries already" or "friendship brdge 2" on my passport above entry stamp? Wrote too cursive can't see clear )

But I recor as if you aren't Chinois or Indien zero prob with that. Should get TV per usual procedure, without issue. 

My condolences for being born Chinese or Indian that’s rough luck indeed.

Great information 👍

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Dec 2022 was the last TR in question. 

I have been here a while on this trip. I arrived last Nov2023 Visa exemption and extended it locally in NongKhai, so two months here. Then did a border run to those Mongrels at Vientiane border and have extended that so I’ve got 4 months in on 19 March. Actually my flight was leaving Feb 29 2024 but it took off with out me as I didn’t want to leaving my stepson just yet. I’m looking to go back early May. Instead of using up my last exemption over land I’m looking to go the TR route 

19 hours ago, Stevey said:

Hi to everyone.

But all I wanna know is am I alright to pop over to Savannahket to get another TR visa ? I got one about a year or more ago when I had run out of land border crossing allocations. And was faced with as NongKhai immigration advised me was my only other choice other than marriage to my Isaan allocation to have to fly out and in again which would have been a massive ask from NongKhai and back. I was then advised by some TV legends that going to Savannahket and returning would not require one of my entries because I would be entering with the visa in my passport. This was a lesson in not fully believing everything you read on here because it was only one member who pointed this out with many other believing like me it was the actual act of crossing by land that was restricted to two ‘ goes ‘ when it is the actual visa exemption that is two a calendar year. 

Hope one person is put right on that rule.

Feel free to say my post was overly long so I can picture you typing it. And don’t forget the classic confused emoji. 

If you meet the requirements, want a guaranteed visa, & live near Nongkhai border, then make an online appointment, and apply at Vientiane.

Not scrutinising history of stay.

Savannakhet on the other hand do, and will almost certainly refuse you, unless their directive has changed.

Nothing to do with how many visas that particular office has issued, within a certain timeframe.

Your 2 border bounces per annum are over and above entering with a valid visa by land.

Happy travels.

21 minutes ago, Pla Simon said:

Savannakhet on the other hand do, and will almost certainly refuse you, unless their directive has changed.

Nothing to do with how many visas that particular office has issued, within a certain timeframe.

I can testify to that with 2 different european friends, who never went there before and only had 1 TR visa in recent year, but still were both refused there. Sucked a lot for them as they already did 2 landborders as well, and then it is a big hassle to get to Vientiene + elsewhere. For non-o no issues.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

On 3/15/2024 at 11:42 AM, transam said:

They will not be interested in your penis, even if you have a rubber stamp tattooed on it...........🤥

…i dunno , it’s a beauty 

9 hours ago, Pla Simon said:

If you meet the requirements, want a guaranteed visa, & live near Nongkhai border, then make an online appointment, and apply at Vientiane.

Not scrutinising history of stay.

Your 2 border bounces per annum are over and above entering with a valid visa by land.

Happy travels.

“Your 2 border bounces per annum are over and above entering with a valid visa by land”

i’m confused by your statement. I arrived by air ( visa exemption) extended it 1month. I went to the border at NongKhai and returned with a new visa exemption by land ( first land entry of the year ) i was 3 months in Thailand and my flight was leaving in about 10 days so I extended that first overland visa exemption. That is up on the 19th this month. So in my mind I have two choices use my second and last land border exemption at NongKhai and then return and get 1 month extendable for month of go outside and get a TR from Savannahket or Vientiane. 

Am I correct? 

I obtained that recent TR from Savannahket December 19th 2023. You are saying tha Savannahket will refuse me ? 

Am I ok to cross the border and return for visa Exempt stamp ? I believe I’m yet too use my second allocation, correct?

9 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I can testify to that with 2 different european friends, who never went there before and only had 1 TR visa in recent year, but still were both refused there. Sucked a lot for them as they already did 2 landborders as well, and then it is a big hassle to get to Vientiene + elsewhere. For non-o no issues.

well if this is indeed the case it’s a good job that I enquired isn’t it. I had a stamp in a previous passport along long long time ago saying “Do not apply here again “  from Vientiane. Because I didn’t have a similar Notice from Savannahket this led me to believe it was possible to do again especially as well over a year has passed. With cell regeneration I’m practically a different person a year on. 

26 minutes ago, Stevey said:

I obtained that recent TR from Savannahket December 19th 2023. You are saying tha Savannahket will refuse me ? 

Am I ok to cross the border and return for visa Exempt stamp ? I believe I’m yet too use my second allocation, correct?

Yes and yes.

If you're planning on staying longer and want to save your border bounce for an emergency, then apply at Vientiane.

You're payimg the Laos visa fee in any case.

Book appointment, get paperwork in order, cross border early, get to consulate and pick up 2 working days later.

19th is on Tuesday, maybe a bit late - try and book now, or you could get a later appointment, and stay in Laos for a bit longer. Your choice, obviously.

If you fancy a small, cheap holiday - minibus service from outside cultural hall (about 1.5km from consulate) to Vang Vieng is 150,000 kip.

There in 1.5 hours, and chill.

Happy travels.

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Correct. 

This is this kind of no nonsense response I needed. 

What’s your thoughts on a TR from Savannahket. Got 3 people here saying more chance that we landed on the moon before we had the ZX Spectrum and colour Printers

1 minute ago, Pla Simon said:

Yes and yes.

If you're planning on staying longer and want to save your border bounce for an emergency, then apply at Vientiane.

You're payimg the Laos visa fee in any case.

Book appointment, get paperwork in order, cross border early, get to consulate and pick up 2 working days later.

19th is on Tuesday, maybe a bit late - try and book now, or you could get a later appointment, and stay in Laos for a bit longer. Your choice, obviously.

If you fancy a small, cheap holiday - minibus service from outside cultural hall (about 1.5km from consulate) to Vang Vieng is 150,000 kip.

There in 1.5 hours, and chill.

Happy travels.

I’ll probably go over the border and forget the TR there’s no way I’ll be back here before Xmas as I’ve got to replace the cash I’ve spent on Candy for the little one , upwards of a 100baht a day. 

Hope this post brings the Two TR from Savannahket issue to peoples minds.

Like 👍 Share and subscribe 

Cheers 

1 minute ago, Stevey said:

I’ll probably go over the border and forget the TR there’s no way I’ll be back here before Xmas as I’ve got to replace the cash I’ve spent on Candy for the little one , upwards of a 100baht a day. 

Hope this post brings the Two TR from Savannahket issue to peoples minds.

Like 👍 Share and subscribe 

Cheers 

Sounds like a plan.

Forget Savannakhet - you'll be wasting your time and money for tuck.

I only speak from experience, and bear in mind I had a zx81, and spectrums 16, 48 and 128k.

Be Lucky.

37 minutes ago, Stevey said:

What’s your thoughts on a TR from Savannahket. Got 3 people here saying more chance that we landed on the moon before we had the ZX Spectrum and colour Printers

FWIW month or so back a guy reported refused tv at Savannahket and then went to Vientiane no problem .

In your shoes I would consider border bounce for Second  visa exempt entry via land. 

On 3/15/2024 at 5:03 PM, Stevey said:

Dec 2022 was the last TR in question. 

I have been here a while on this trip. I arrived last Nov2023 Visa exemption and extended it locally in NongKhai, so two months here. Then did a border run to those Mongrels at Vientiane border and have extended that so I’ve got 4 months in on 19 March. Actually my flight was leaving Feb 29 2024 but it took off with out me as I didn’t want to leaving my stepson just yet. I’m looking to go back early May. Instead of using up my last exemption over land I’m looking to go the TR route 

With that history, Savannakhet might very well refuse to issue another tourist visa on grounds of having spent too much time in Thailand as a tourist already.

Best to check with a visa run company that offers trips to Savannakhet what the current situation is there.

14 hours ago, Stevey said:

What’s your thoughts on a TR from Savannahket.

Bit out of context but noticed this in a thread about visa runs. A respected poster (BritTim) posted this last year....

"Important note: Thai Visa Service will no longer accept people on their runs to Savannakhet who have the intention of applying for a tourist visa. The reason is frequent denials."

17 hours ago, Stevey said:

well if this is indeed the case it’s a good job that I enquired isn’t it. I had a stamp in a previous passport along long long time ago saying “Do not apply here again “  from Vientiane. Because I didn’t have a similar Notice from Savannahket this led me to believe it was possible to do again especially as well over a year has passed. With cell regeneration I’m practically a different person a year on. 

It just depends on the guy or girl, and their mood, that day. I have seen a dozen russians with obvious repeated history apply in front of me there, while then seeing a couple others including 2 friends being refused, who were behind me. As if there is a invisible maximum for the day where they just start creating issues (and we were even the first 40 people).

If you go there for a tourist visa, while you do not have border runs left for the year, you essentially just play with fire, as of the very long / expensive trip to get out of there to any bigger city or another country. There is no reason in your case in the first place to have to avoid Vientiene.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

54 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

It just depends on the guy or girl, and their mood, that day. I have seen a dozen russians with obvious repeated history apply in front of me there, while then seeing a couple others including 2 friends being refused, who were behind me. As if there is a invisible maximum for the day where they just start creating issues (and we were even the first 40 people).

If you go there for a tourist visa, while you do not have border runs left for the year, you essentially just play with fire, as of the very long / expensive trip to get out of there to any bigger city or another country. There is no reason in your case in the first place to have to avoid Vientiene.

I do have another border run left for this year and I won’t need it again this year and another month or so should see me to getting back to Blighty. Although it did cross my mind to prove everyone wrong and go to Mukdahan and try for a TR Visa in Savannahket. I would have nothing to lose and it would be a trip where I could get some cheap Lao beer in me. And some of those lovely spicy Pate baguettes Khao Gee Pâté. 

Thanks for the input. 

5 minutes ago, Stevey said:

I do have another border run left for this year and I won’t need it again this year and another month or so should see me to getting back to Blighty. Although it did cross my mind to prove everyone wrong and go to Mukdahan and try for a TR Visa in Savannahket. I would have nothing to lose and it would be a trip where I could get some cheap Lao beer in me. And some of those lovely spicy Pate baguettes Khao Gee Pâté. 

Thanks for the input. 

But nobody cares what you do, or regarding proving everyone wrong..........🤭

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Stevey said:

Thanks for the input. 

Go for it, I liked the occasional short break in Savannakhet as well.

As for proving people wrong, well you wouldn't, you'd just prove that things are inconsistent and can change from one day to the next (or one counter clerk to the next, or one applicant to the next, ...).

It is what it is, a gamble, but as you have nothing to lose, it's worth a shot.

• Love It 1

35 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Go for it, I liked the occasional short break in Savannakhet as well.

As for proving people wrong, well you wouldn't, you'd just prove that things are inconsistent and can change from one day to the next (or one counter clerk to the next, or one applicant to the next, ...).

It is what it is, a gamble, but as you have nothing to lose, it's worth a shot.

Yeah I did think about it being random. Even if they called me in and gave me the visa in the office there and then it wouldn’t set a precedent. 

Actually when I went there last, year Dec ‘22 on the weekend of my birthday, for my TR it was cool in December. I arrived on the Thursday at the Embassy at 1200pm, you must be joking ! I’d gotten up and left NongKhai at 05:45 on the Thursday morning it was freezing and arrived at Mukdahan at 10:47. 

In the time it took me to park my bike in the recommended long stay, get out of Thailand, haggle with the Lao side Taxi Mafia then eventually arrive at the Embassy it was 12:20 and it was closed. An other Taxi guy who could only speak Thai made out he could get me inside for a fee by bribing the security guard on the left side back exit. I was not sure so declined. It was a good job I did because non of my paperwork was in order so I would have been refused if I had been able to possibly join the end of the queue maybe. 

Next day Friday I arrived early and crossed the road to the copy shop opposite called ‘ Copyshopisite ‘, I just made that up. 

I got advise from the kid in the shop some application forms and found I needed to download a copy of my bank  statement from my banking App to prove you have 20k baht in the bank, if you can’t do this don’t go, can you just show them 20k in cash ?   

I found out the 20k thing from a Filipino woman who was trying to get a TR to re-enter to go back and work in Kalasin. She had issues with her school and had not work permit. She had been refused the day before. 

She had downloaded the statement from her App but the balance read 13000baht. This dunce could not grasp that the IO wants to see 20k at the bottom balance ready to start buying Chang beers as soon as your feet hit Thai soil. Not as she had it 20k starting a week ago or so. She said that she has borrowed most of the money in that account. She was broke. 

I’ll send 7000baht to your account now I offered. She blankly refused. I carried on with my paperwork. After a while I offered again and she accepted. I sent her 7k but it took a while to show in her account. Even though we had a long time till 12pm she decided un fathomabley that she would go and try again at the window with the IO again. She returned and they had accepted her application. Crazy. 

She went about trying to send me the money back. I told he don’t worry about it send it later but she sent it there and then. I was a little gobsmacked by it all actually. 

She got off and I continued my application which was accepted. 

I made my way in to the town to find a room. I had gotten her Line and contacted her and we met in the street. And made plans to meet later. I found my room recommended by her 300baht, she had moved out and found a cheaper room, eh ? 

I went to the local pharmacy and purchased some items as a precaution and had a shave. Annoyingly she then sent a message saying she was sick with a cold and couldn’t meet up. 

Next morning was Saturday and my Birthday 21 again. It’s a special day. I had found a breakfast and Coffee place on the banks of the Mekong looking at the bridge great reviews. I sent her a message “ Get you gear on it’s my birthday and I’m taking you for an all expenses found breakfast locally “ she replied back in the negative and said she was sick again and that she was sorry for single handedly wrecking my birthday. That was the last I saw of her. 

I eventually went back to Blighty and got back to work. It had been 7 months since we had had that encounter and I’d told her that I was impressed that she had given me that 7k back and that if she ever wanted a loan I’d be able to oblige. She contacted me late summer 2023 saying she was now unable to work in Thailand she had had the maximum teaching permits or something and was going to try Cambodia 🇰🇭. Could I lend her 500 Dollars. I was doing pretty good at work so said yes. And guess what .. after a few months working In Phnom Penh she tried to pay half back last month but I refused and told her just a few thousand. 

She’s about 50 from the sound of things, I never saw her face coz she kept a mask on all the time. Not married , no kids and won’t accept a free breakfast. 

When I think of the Skanks in Thailand who want money just for engaging in conversation or they will break eye contact with you. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1