E visa for Thailand.

I am currently on a retirement extension of stay 1 year with 800000 THB in Thai bank. I need to go to my home country and apply for a new passport because it will expire in a few months. Then I will apply for a e-visa non immigrant O 3 months single entry visa. I need financial proof in my case of 800000 baht. Can I use this amount from Thai bank or does it have to be the equivalent of this amount in Euro from a Belgian bank? I am from Belgium.

Thanks.

OP, I'm missing something. 

Why return to Belgium just to renew a passport.

I just obtained my new Australian pp.

The whole process done by mail.

From posting the application to receiving new passport took 20 days.

Even if you just happened to be going to Belgium and you obtained a new pp why would you need a non O retirement. 

Get a reentry permit in old pp when leaving then for return travel with both passports. 

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, I'm missing something. 

Why return to Belgium just to renew a passport.

I just obtained my new Australian pp.

The whole process done by mail.

From posting the application to receiving new passport took 20 days.

Even if you just happened to be going to Belgium and you obtained a new pp why would you need a non O retirement. 

Get a reentry permit in old pp when leaving then for return travel with both passports. 

I will visit my 91 yo mother and stay with her for a few months. Haven´t been home for 2 years.

Thanks for your reply.

3 minutes ago, rutteketuut said:

I will visit my 91 yo mother and stay with her for a few months. Haven´t been home for 2 years.

Thanks for your reply.

Understand, however if your return date is prior to expiry of your current extension you wouldn't need obtain a non O .

Be aware that you could return visa exempt and obtain your Non O at your immigration office.

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Understand, however if your return date is prior to expiry of your current extension you wouldn't need obtain a non O .

Be aware that you could return visa exempt and obtain your Non O at your immigration office.

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Will the airline let me board the plane with one way ticket visa exempt?

1 minute ago, rutteketuut said:

Will the airline let me board the plane with one way ticket visa exempt?

Most likely not. Some folk buy cheap throw away or use "onwardticket.com " 

For this reason some prefer to obtain the Non O prior to entering Thailand. 

So clearly your return date is past your current extension expiry. 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Most likely not. Some folk buy cheap throw away or use "onwardticket.com " 

For this reason some prefer to obtain the Non O prior to entering Thailand. 

So clearly your return date is past your current extension expiry. 

Yes.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, rutteketuut said:

I am currently on a retirement extension of stay 1 year with 800000 THB in Thai bank. I need to go to my home country and apply for a new passport because it will expire in a few months. Then I will apply for a e-visa non immigrant O 3 months single entry visa. I need financial proof in my case of 800000 baht. Can I use this amount from Thai bank or does it have to be the equivalent of this amount in Euro from a Belgian bank? I am from Belgium.

Thanks.

Be aware that when you upload your financial proof a screen shot will not be accepted.

I had to download a statement from my UK Bank for this. I recently had my 90 day single entry non O issued.

The financial proof can be in an account in your home country or in a Thai bank account.

19 hours ago, mlkik said:

Be aware that when you upload your financial proof a screen shot will not be accepted.

I had to download a statement from my UK Bank for this. I recently had my 90 day single entry non O issued.

The financial proof can be in an account in your home country or in a Thai bank account.

Screen shots of bank accounts cannot be taken. Give it a try 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, rutteketuut said:

Thanks.

Have a look at your expiry dates of passport and extension. It may work out that you can work around them. You can renew your extension 30 - 45 days early at most offices. It may work out for you to renew your passport early by post and then renew your extension after you get the new passport. All you then need is a re entry permit to protect your extension date. Surely this will be a better way to proceed rather than losing your extension and starting again.