Thai man accuses lover swindling 38 million baht, stealing data

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The hospital is also investigating its security measures as Teeranan managed to obtain the document even if she did not work in a medical record department.

committee time... :coffee1:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Wasit told police that they began a secret relationship in 2020. Teeranan then borrowed 500,000 baht from him, promising to repay the debt at a high interest rate. She told Wasit that she could make a profit from the amount by offering a loan to her colleague and charging interest.

Over time, Teeranan continued to borrow money from Wasit, ranging from 30,000 to 60,000 baht each time, claiming she had more people interested in loans. Wasit revealed that nearly 700 people borrowed money from Teeranan, and he gave her over 10 million baht.

My ole-man told me that kitty could lure you further than gunpowder could blow you... he was right.

• Agree 1

So he reckons he drip-fed about 10 million over some time and in smaller quantities.

He expected a return of 38 million baht for this adventure into business.

He then goes on to threaten us as readers about being careful how we comment on this stupid escapade:-

8 hours ago, webfact said:

My wife knew about it from the news. We always share both happiness and sorrow. I confessed to her what I had done and the problem was solved. I would like to ask all the media and netizens to be careful when talking about me. My lawyer is always ready to welcome you.”

What a prize plonker!

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Wasit told police that they began a secret relationship in 2020. Teeranan then borrowed 500,000 baht from him, promising to repay the debt at a high interest rate. She told Wasit that she could make a profit from the amount by offering a loan to her colleague and charging interest.

I have a bridge for sale in London if he's interested.

So he gave her 10 million and expected 38 million in total back made up from initial money and loan interest ?

Pretty sure there is a legal limit to rate people can charge for lending money and this would far exceed it to make 38 million ! 

On 3/16/2024 at 2:06 AM, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A Thai businessman filed a complaint against his lover, accusing her of stealing confidential data from a hospital and swindling him out of 38 million baht.

The 63 year old Wasit visited Pak Kret Police Station in Nonthaburi province near Bangkok yesterday, March 14, to file a complaint against his lover, Teeranan, who used to work as a nurse at a hospital on Phattanakarn Road in Bangkok.

Over time, Teeranan continued to borrow money from Wasit, ranging from 30,000 to 60,000 baht each time, claiming she had more people interested in loans. Wasit revealed that nearly 700 people borrowed money from Teeranan, and he gave her over 10 million baht.

Teeranan also gave him copies of the debtors’ ID cards, leading him to believe that Teeranan would be able to make a profit from the amount and repay the debt.

According to Wasit, the principal amount of the loan, plus the promised interest, totalling about 38 million baht. Teeranan made a few small repayments to Wasit over time, but they were insufficient.

Data theft

Last year, Teeranan’s credibility waned in Wasit’s eyes, prompting him to demand the full repayment of his money and an end to further lending.

Wasit began contacting some of Teeranan’s debtors to reclaim the owed sums, only to discover that many were unaware of their debts. Some debtors informed Wasit that they had received medical treatment at a hospital where Teeranan was employed but were unfamiliar with her.

This led Warit to suspect Treeanan of stealing confidential documents from the hospital. He talked to Teeranan directly and she eventually confessed that she did not offer loans to anyone and spent all of the money herself.

Teeranan then resigned from the hospital and cut off contact with Wasit, prompting him to seek help from the police.

Warit stated that he had diligently saved throughout his life to use the money for his retirement. He insisted that Teeranan reach out to him to resolve the issue promptly. Failing that, he warned of his intention to pursue legal action.

Additionally, Warit disclosed that his wife had become aware of the affair and the financial loss through media reports. He urged both the media and online users to exercise caution with their remarks, highlighting the potential legal ramifications for defamation.

“My wife knew about it from the news. We always share both happiness and sorrow. I confessed to her what I had done and the problem was solved. I would like to ask all the media and netizens to be careful when talking about me. My lawyer is always ready to welcome you.”

Police are now searching for Teeranan to question her regarding the debt and how she obtained confidential patient documents from the hospital. The hospital is also investigating its security measures as Teeranan managed to obtain the document even if she did not work in a medical record department.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Matichon and Channel 3

Source: The Thaiger 2024-03-16

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

Never never never ever ever loan money to a Thai unless you can afford to lose it because thais don't like paying back, They just don't period !!

"Wasit revealed that nearly 700 people borrowed money from Teeranan, and he gave her over 10 million baht."

He lost 10 million, not 38. He HOPED to get the 38 by being a loan shark. I have zero sympathy for this guy