Portable Ac Generator

z21rhd

Hi,

Need to buy a portable AC Generator - Gas or Diesel - producing 220 volts at around 5 Kva.

Either in Ubon Rachathani or Sisakhet

Need supplier and detailed address

Info appreciated !

Edited by z21rhd

In Sisaket there’s a shop selling Honda generators near the railway station.

From the railway station steps look towards the roundabout and turn right towards the fresh food market along Thanon Ratchagan Rotfai. The shop is about halfway between the railway station and the market on the railway (right) side of the street.

The generators come with 2 male plugs but I’ve had problems finding a source for additional electrical plugs to fit these generators.

Have you considered one of the 'Alternator, Dynamo ' types that you can fit to the engine of a Thai 'E-Tok' type Tractor. I've seen quite a few about and they do seem good prices, as for a 5Kw stand-alone, I'm not sure , I guess they would be quite expensive unless you could get a chinese one.

cheers,

Jubby

Stores that sell Kubota or Yanmar tractors often/usually also sell the motors as a seperate item and generators which fit on them. There are lots of these stores around so it shouldn't be hard to find one but sorry I have no address.

In Sisaket there’s a shop selling Honda generators near the railway station.

From the railway station steps look towards the roundabout and turn right towards the fresh food market along Thanon Ratchagan Rotfai. The shop is about halfway between the railway station and the market on the railway (right) side of the street.

The generators come with 2 male plugs but I’ve had problems finding a source for additional electrical plugs to fit these generators.

Thanks Farma,

I will check next time I am in Sisakhet - I had a small honda before and rewired the outplugs to fit my own needs.

• 2 years later...
Have you considered one of the 'Alternator, Dynamo ' types that you can fit to the engine of a Thai 'E-Tok' type Tractor. I've seen quite a few about and they do seem good prices, as for a 5Kw stand-alone, I'm not sure , I guess they would be quite expensive unless you could get a chinese one.

cheers,

Jubby

Nice info, but we are aware clearly the quality of the chinese products today (not-absolute)!

portable-ac-300x256.jpg

Home Buy Ubon. Between 5 and 6,000 baht from memory, seemed reasonable honda clone.

I agree Chinese products are often not as good as people hoped for but you get what you pay for usually. Here in Thailand, what you can afford more often, and even the best gear can be trashed by others that use it (doesn't belong to me attitude).

Isaanaussie