Get a tourist visa or visa exemption?

I entered Thailand in a couple of months ago on a visa exemption. I extended that visa exemption by 30 days. After that, I flew out to Pnom Penh where I got a 60-day tourist visa. I extended the TR for 30 days.

I would like to go to Phnom Penh again and come back and stay as long as possible (60-90 days). Is it better that I apply for a tourist visa in Phom Penh or try to enter Thailand again on a visa exemption? Is there a problem to do 2 tourist visas back to back, in general? Or should I mix it up with a visa exemption? I will fly in and out of Bangkok.

20 minutes ago, lisaflisa said:

Is there a problem to do 2 tourist visas back to back, in general? Or should I mix it up with a visa exemption? I will fly in and out of Bangkok.

Yes.

You already obtained tourist visa at PP.

Chances are next will be issued issued with a red void stamp.

Meaning refused.

Do a couple of border bounces and enter visa exempt.

Messy yes but will work. 

23 minutes ago, lisaflisa said:

I entered Thailand in a couple of months ago on a visa exemption. I extended that visa exemption by 30 days. After that, I flew out to Pnom Penh where I got a 60-day tourist visa. I extended the TR for 30 days.

That doesn't add up.

You entered "couple months ago" 

What you outline is 30+30+60+30. 

Five months. 

• Thumbs Up 1

With your history, I definitely wouldn't try to enter visa exempt by air without spending significant time outside of Thailand.  You would very like face serious questioning when you arrived.

You can enter visa exempt by land twice per year.  Land entries are usually hassle free, and I would use those.