Grab Rider Shot to Death in Cherng Talay

webfact

image.jpeg

Thalang –A grab rider has been pronounced dead after he was shot in Cherng Talay, Thalang on Friday night (March 15th).

The Cherng Talay Police told the Phuket Express that they were notified of the incident at 10:30 P.M. on the Baan Don – Cherng Talay Road in Baan Pa Sak. They arrived at the scene which was near a gas station.

The Grab rider, Mr. Teerapat Srisukmueang, 21, from Thalang, had already been taken to a hospital. He had suffered severe injuries from a gunshot wound to his back. He was later pronounced dead at the hospital early on Saturday morning at 2:00 A.M..

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-03-18

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

• Sad 5

When will this madness stop, Stop every man woman and child on M/C and check for guns, don't announce a crackdown. When your done with M/C check every car..........work your way up to 18 wheelers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Almer said:

This place gets more like the wild West every day

It is actually very similar. Offend someone, have a conflict of any sort, business or domestic, and it's High Noon and a shootout on Main Street. The social class structure also belongs back in those ancient days, where you have the unassailable lords of the manor at the top who people have to bow down to and respect no matter what. Or pretend to.

Much of Thai culture is centuries behind the West. It's interesting how some countries develop so much slower than others. At the same time, I have little doubt that some Western countries are now in reverse. Decades of cutbacks (I'm from the UK, where when I was a kid I could see a doctor within an hour or two, and now it might take days or weeks), more and more violence, more and more plain stupidity.

On 3/18/2024 at 11:30 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

It is actually very similar. Offend someone, have a conflict of any sort, business or domestic, and it's High Noon and a shootout on Main Street. The social class structure also belongs back in those ancient days, where you have the unassailable lords of the manor at the top who people have to bow down to and respect no matter what. Or pretend to.

Much of Thai culture is centuries behind the West. It's interesting how some countries develop so much slower than others. At the same time, I have little doubt that some Western countries are now in reverse. Decades of cutbacks (I'm from the UK, where when I was a kid I could see a doctor within an hour or two, and now it might take days or weeks), more and more violence, more and more plain stupidity.

Agreed