Condom Use Is Down In Bangkok's Red-light District

george

So far you have no symptoms? Have you actually had a HIV test? Where exactly can you get a HIV/STD test done in Thailand?

Any decent clinic can do this. It takes a couple of days, as they send the blood to the hospital for analysis.

ASIC

• 3 weeks later...

i would like to add a remark: especially during the aids conference the non-use of condoms by foreigners increased in the gay scene. in the gay areas like silom soi 2 and 4 many participants of the aids conference were seen to look for some fun. and as i know from many boys there waiting for hooking up especially this aids conference delegates didn t want to use condoms. some of them said that barebacking is now the new fashion in us and europe or australia. as well i heard from talkings in the babylon gay sauna that most of the delegates to the aids conference, i mean the gay delegates, didn t like to use condoms. and their excuses were not "being drunken" they don t want to use condoms.

as far as I know Thailand is still the country for male gay sex tourism and especially older guys who cannot afford sex for money in their own countries come to Thailand. here the sex for money is cheap, you pay less then for a big mac in your country, and you can have sex without condoms. especially older guys, older means 50 +, don t care anymore, because they are already infected or their life expectation is not more so long. therefore why should they care?

• 1 month later...

The condoms in Thailand I found are not good a good idea is to bring your own. Its very tempting not to wear one but its like playing russian roulette.. and who wants to worry about whether they have contracted aids after not wearing one. Keep yourself up to your armpits in Condoms and if by chance one breaks hurry to the shower and clean yourself with soap and water and least it lessons your chances of getting any STD's.

I have a Thai friend (not a bargirl) who had a long term boyfriend (Thai), they used condoms for about 3 months then decided not to use them because of the relationship they had built, he dumped her a few weeks later. She has just tested positive for HIV.

I suppose the moral is use the things!!! As per other posts, it's not just HIV they can stop, FHM magazine in the UK did an article on genital warts, man, they look bad but very very common!!!