Bank Balance Confirmation?

When renewing my Retirement Visa in the past few years, I was given an appointment to return in a few months to -re-confirm the funds in my bank account. This year I was not given any such appointment (that I know of). Has that requirement been dropped from the process? Or do I need to go down to immigration and volunteer the info?

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

Ratchaburi did it on and off for a few years.

And did it ever result in rejection of extension application due to not reporting back after 3 months. 

No. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

And did it ever result in rejection of extension application due to not reporting back after 3 months. 

No. 

I didn't give it a chance , , cos' every time they asked , I provided it. I wasn't going to take the risk of falling out and arguing with somebody who can make my life difficult just for not providing a bit of paper from the bank.

Edited by NE1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's a nonsense requirement and while a trip to immigration office is easy for some it can be not so for many others. 

Totally agree with you.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, NE1 said:

Ratchaburi did it on and off for a few years.

I've been using that office ever since it opened and have never been asked to return later to prove funds are still in the bank. I do provide a one year statement when I do the renewal.

9 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

I've been using that office ever since it opened and have never been asked to return later to prove funds are still in the bank. I do provide a one year statement when I do the renewal.

I even had a slip of paper with a date stamp on it .

at first I thought they were giving me a 90 day report reminder, I told them that my 90 day was due before that , then they explained in Thai to my Mrs what it was.

Following year they didn't ask .

It's just the same old same old , different days with different officers can have a different outcome.

Edited by NE1
  • Agree 1

I was told it was required on one occasion, so when I then went for the 90 day I had the update. However, I was not asked for it and did not offer. Never bothered since.

I just ignore it and trash it every year here in Jomtien. Never a mention of it. Will do the same again this June.

If they didn't give you a 3 month return form, then you haven't any obligation, nor even reason to think about it. Relax and carry on normally. It's a BS non-requirement. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 7:45 PM, afm171 said:

When renewing my Retirement Visa in the past few years, I was given an appointment to return in a few months to -re-confirm the funds in my bank account. This year I was not given any such appointment (that I know of). Has that requirement been dropped from the process? Or do I need to go down to immigration and volunteer the info?

Never asked to me on phuket but I never draw out.