Pattaya Hotels Surge in Occupancy as Songkran Approaches

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Pattaya’s hotel industry is experiencing a significant surge, with some hotels seeing over 90% occupancy.

According to Mr. Wit Tantivorawong, Managing Director of the Support Division at Land and Houses Plc, Grand Center Point hotels, one of Thailand’s premier hotel brands, both Bangkok and Pattaya are experiencing a sharp increase in occupancy rates.

Hotel occupancy in Bangkok has reached 85%, with room rates averaging 6,000 baht per day. Pattaya’s hotels, on the other hand, have seen an even greater increase, with occupancy rates reaching 90% and peaking at 99% on some days, Mr. Wit said.

Mr. Wit revealed that room rates at premium hotels in Pattaya range from 5,000 to 6,000 baht per day during weekdays and rise to 7,000-8,000 baht on weekends. He attributed this surge to the influx of Chinese tourists, particularly independent travelers.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-03-25

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, webfact said:

Hotel occupancy in Bangkok has reached 85%, with room rates averaging 6,000 baht per day. Pattaya’s hotels, on the other hand, have seen an even greater increase, with occupancy rates reaching 90% and peaking at 99% on some days, Mr. Wit said.

Too bad Songkran wasn't every weekend.....

Chinese visitors will not entertain the local hookers and if they do, they will only go with the chinese girlies who are sent over discreetly in specific parlours. Same for restaurants and other venues.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Hotel occupancy in Bangkok has reached 85%, with room rates averaging 6,000 baht per day. Pattaya’s hotels, on the other hand, have seen an even greater increase, with occupancy rates reaching 90% and peaking at 99% on some days

Not bad considering that before covid tourist numbers were almost double what they are now ?

9 hours ago, webfact said:

He attributed this surge to the influx of Chinese tourists, particularly independent travelers.

WOT??? TAT: ANF holds that Chinese don't spend, only come in on zero-baht tours, and only patronize Chinese-owned businesses.

• Thumbs Up 1

Was in Pattaya last Friday.  Won't return for a other year.  Only there to to see visa agent. 

Glad I won't be anywhere near the place come Songkran. 

I think Pattaya takes a certain type of expat to live there full time.  I couldn't do it.  Why?  Too many temptations and I'd be broke within a month! 

I prefer the quieter life now,  but still meet up with other expats at least once a week at a local watering hole.   It's all good. 

Just had a quick look at Trivago encompassing hotels where I know the prices looked at Songkran dates and nightly rates are virtually identical as last month and earlier March

Where do they drag these reports up from !

1 hour ago, Victor Laszlo said:

Just happened to look up to the heavens last night, what I thought was the moon turned out to be a huge pie, pretty sure TAT observe this phenomena every night.

Shepherd's pie? Good subtopic: our member's fave pies, often seen on their plates. 

On 3/25/2024 at 7:07 AM, hotchilli said:

Not bad considering that before covid tourist numbers were almost double what they are now ?

It's currently much better than that, February 2024 tourist numbers were 3,352k compared to 3,601k in Feb 2019, so now recovered to 93% of 2019 even with the lower rate of Chinese.

Interesting to see those high occupancy rates at hotels commanding 5k+ baht per night, seems like wealthier tourists are in fact visiting Pattaya and Thailand in their numbers contrary to what some on here believe.

Edited by kinyara
Amend
  • Thumbs Up 1